Marlowe: Condominium High-Rise At 1211 Caroline St.

Dakota79

21 hours ago, Ctaf said:

does anyone know if Randall owns the other half of the lot? I'm just wondering if he owns it or if some other developer could come in a build a tower right up against the Marlowe

An entity that owns many other empty downtown lots and goes by the name, Golconda Venture, owns it.

http://arcweb.hcad.org/parcelviewer/

Also, I'm not sure how much has changed, but here is a map I made some time back showing which properties they own.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=16VtKhvVZ9-ja1SeB0cfbG3LOhI8&hl=en_US&ll=29.7497960558403%2C-95.36606800000004&z=16

Edited by lockmat
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, Ctaf said:

does anyone know if Randall owns the other half of the lot? I'm just wondering if he owns it or if some other developer could come in a build a tower right up against the Marlowe

At some point, residents of two towers will be passing sugar bowls to each other from their balconies.

• Like 3

On 1/23/2017 at 7:12 PM, lockmat said:

An entity that owns many other empty downtown lots and goes by the name, Golconda Venture, owns it.

http://arcweb.hcad.org/parcelviewer/

Also, I'm not sure how much has changed, but here is a map I made some time back showing which properties they own.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=16VtKhvVZ9-ja1SeB0cfbG3LOhI8&hl=en_US&ll=29.7497960558403%2C-95.36606800000004&z=16

"Golconda" Ventures sounds like a front for the villain in a Bond movie.  It's possible that the lots will all be filled with tanks of sharks with lasers on them

bb4.jpg

• Like 4

The kitchen backsplash is ugly, cabinets fine and quite a common look in a lot of places, floors interesting,  also increasingly common: white Marble countertop.  Hope it's well sealed.  Porous as heck.     and the bedroom.... well, it doesn't come with the bed, mirrors, art, or lamps.  So, all that is left is the walls, grey wall-to-wall carpet and an ugly chandelier.  So, um.....I am wondering how that is much different from elsewhere?

• Like 1

Walked by the other day, and this has a much larger presence than I expected for a building that only really takes up ~1/4 of the block. One can never be too careful with RD, but I think this will turn out to be a nice addition to the area. Glad to hear it's selling well too, that hopefully means good news for more condo development downtown, since I doubt we'll be seeing too many more apartments get off the ground in the next couple of years.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Timoric said:

That empty lot to the left...makes me want to play a game...rank the top 10 surface lots in DT Houston that will be developed next, and which is #1? Part two, how many surface lots are left in DT so you can keep track of progress? Part three - rate each future boom by the number of parking lots replaced with stuff.

The downtown lot I'm dying to see developed is the parking lot on Main St between Moonshiners and Live Sports Bar. It's not a full empty block but there's only a matter of time. A mixed use apartment tower or hotel with retail would do wonders there.

• Like 4

Someday there going to build something spectacular on the block that was going to original be the site for the Bank of the Southwest tower.

I believe that is the corner of Milam Louisiana Walker and McKinney. I could see Houston's first supernal right there.

• Like 3