• 1 month later...

yeah bummer on the massing, but it was always only going to be around 15 stories or so. if it was originally planned to be a 30 story L and turned into a 15 story H i would be bummed.. but this didn't change much besides getting a sleek sexy looking Hanover Rice Village style set back. and i can dig that... i had hoped Gables would make a splash downtown but with the incentives drying up its looking less and less likely. is Gables still behind that 36 story BBVA Compass Phase II hotel/residential tower?

an active, walkable streetscape connecting the development to nearby restaurant, retail and entertainment venues.

That will come in handy when it's 5 PM and you want to eat food or purchase handbags. Even eating handbags would be preferable to dealing with that shit again at 5 PM.

The extra street that they (have already) put in might help to a limited degree - instead of coming off the loop and trying to make a left turn from Westheimer onto Westcreek, you could just drive down a bit more, turn right and you're home.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

http://www.wylieassociates.com/project/gables-westcreek/

695,271 GSF, 14-Story “Podium Style” Apartment Building Including:

• 418,260 SF, Apartment Building with 293 Units
• Roof Level Amenities Area with:
     – Outdoor Pool
     – Fitness Area
     – Club/Meeting Area
• Garden Area on Roof Garage Enclosed in a Center Court Surrounded by Apartments
• 161,095 SF, Parking Garage

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

My PO Box is out that way, and I always drive back past the old building. It's currently half torn down.

Someone here had offered to fly a drone and get some video that way whenever it was being torn down, I don't have their info though.

The laundry room still had rented laundry machines in it. Bet they're super happy about that.

Also, what the hell is "2220 1/2 Westcreek Ln."? The building's address is 2220 Westcreek Lane. Always has been. Even the new buildng isn't going to be at some "1/2" address. I'd guess either 2220 or 2222.

Good job letting the building rot there for, what, over 2 friggin years? You got no rent from me or anyone else. How much did all those guards cost, to protect an empty fricking building?

I do not miss the traffic. You don't have a snowball's chance in hell of going anywhere at 5 PM.

One Swain & Houck building remains. http://www.thegeorgianapts.com That's because they still own it. (or, their estate, or whatever, they're both dead I'm sure)

Owner Name &
Mailing Address:
SWAIN & HOUCK
8811 WESTHEIMER RD STE 208
HOUSTON TX 77063-3617

Submit all flames to /dev/null. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, MikeRichardson said:

My PO Box is out that way, and I always drive back past the old building. It's currently half torn down.

Someone here had offered to fly a drone and get some video that way whenever it was being torn down, I don't have their info though.

The laundry room still had rented laundry machines in it. Bet they're super happy about that.

Also, what the hell is "2220 1/2 Westcreek Ln."? The building's address is 2220 Westcreek Lane. Always has been. Even the new buildng isn't going to be at some "1/2" address. I'd guess either 2220 or 2222.

Good job letting the building rot there for, what, over 2 friggin years? You got no rent from me or anyone else. How much did all those guards cost, to protect an empty fricking building?

I do not miss the traffic. You don't have a snowball's chance in hell of going anywhere at 5 PM.

One Swain & Houck building remains. http://www.thegeorgianapts.com That's because they still own it. (or, their estate, or whatever, they're both dead I'm sure)

Owner Name &
Mailing Address:
SWAIN & HOUCK
8811 WESTHEIMER RD STE 208
HOUSTON TX 77063-3617

Submit all flames to /dev/null. 

You seem a little bitter. :)

1 hour ago, invisibletrees said:

He has been since he had to move out.

Reminds me of this guy....

http://www.salon.com/2014/11/28/how_oligarchs_destroyed_a_major_american_city_partner/

I'm always amused by people that are bitter about being kicked out of a RENTAL that's getting torn down. If you like the neighborhood so much buy something. If not, it's really not your neighborhood. You're just passing through.

Edited by jgriff
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, MikeRichardson said:

How much did all those guards cost, to protect an empty fricking building?

I've worked at 2223 West Loop South for the last two years, and for the last two years during the day there was always a security vehicle and guard on the east side of the property. So yes, they spent a fortune on security guards. Since the teardown and cleanup will take around a week, the cost should be low. It does make me wonder why they waited to demolish the building.

I am looking forward to this side of Westcreek developing higher. Eventually, with River Oaks District's new phase all that will be left is to redevelop that massive Target plot... hopefully a Target with a parking garage and additional retail spaces fronting San Felipe.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...