lockmat

Randall Davis 99-unit Arabella, 33-floors (Westcreek)

thatguysly    205

Compared to the interior of his last couple projects, this is fantastic. Have to look at it through a Randall Davis lens. 

• Like 9

Urbannizer    30523
On 5/22/2017 at 10:41 AM, brijonmang said:

It was for heating/cooling purposes.  There was concern about how much power/HVAC capacity would be needed to keep the building cool in the summer.

It's very unfortunate. Arebella is 70% sold and Randy's giving every real estate agent who sells the remaining units a Telsa Model 3. I'm sure he could have found a different solution regarding the HVAC issue. 

• Like 7

nate4l1f3    417
15 hours ago, Urbannizer said:

It's very unfortunate. Arebella is 70% sold and Randy's giving every real estate agent who sells the remaining units a Telsa Model 3. I'm sure he could have found a different solution regarding the HVAC issue. 

Damn. I can't even get a holiday bonus at work smh.

• Like 7

cloud713    3541
On 6/20/2017 at 2:38 PM, Twitter1 said:

Night shot. Pilot flew us in a circle upon landing due to weather.

tJXFZjW.jpg

River Oaks District is bright!

Looks like theyre testing out the strip of LEDs, at least on the podium section..

• Like 5

KinkaidAlum    2094

Definitely breaks the 400 foot mark considering that Five Post Oak is 389 feet and this is quite a bit taller. 

• Like 3

thatguysly    205

The glass in the "V" portion along the side is curved. Gives a very cool visual affect when you drive by.

• Like 4

Gary    206

Looks like a drone shot right at the old Houston Post site.

• Like 3

gene    809
On 8/2/2017 at 4:52 PM, Urbannizer said:

West Loop

wow this picture!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! looking like a mini downtown and i love it!!! 

• Like 5

enriquewx91    650
On 9/7/2017 at 5:05 PM, htownbro said:

Williams Tower looks lonely standing amid all of those mid-rises.  Time to add taller towers in this area.

Give it 10 years and there will be.

• Like 3

MaxConcrete    219

The vacant lot across from Arabella has been paved with a parking lot. I'm thinking this is a temporary lot for construction workers, since they were parking on the street north of Harris County Annex 85 (street is in the foreground in the photo), but recently the street was posted as a no parking zone and one side is now a tow-away zone.

The field across from Skyhouse has been graded, but there is no evidence of paving right now. There is no construction activity today due to the muddy conditions.

20190919-arabella_WP_20170919_003.jpg

• Like 7

kennyc05    68
On 9/7/2017 at 5:05 PM, htownbro said:

Williams Tower looks lonely standing amid all of those mid-rises.  Time to add taller towers in this area.

10 hours ago, enriquewx91 said:

Give it 10 years and there will be.

I know we need some balancing :D

• Like 3

MaxConcrete    219

I noticed that the parking lot across from Arabella is not being used, so I walked to the lot to investigate. It turns out this lot is for the Harris County offices at 2221-2223 West Loop South. The District Attorney is moving in due to Harvey damage at their normal location. (Other Harris County functions have already moved in, mostly filling the parking garage.)

The land across from Skyhouse now has an aggregate base and is being readied for paving.

I don't know how long the District Attorney will be here, I'm thinking 6-12 months. So there will be no development of the parking lot property as long as Harris County DA is here. There is no activity at the newly cleared lot on Westcreek across from the Wilshire (and directly east of Harris County), so new development on that property could begin at any time.

20170926-sign-close.jpg

sign_wide.jpg

Edited by MaxConcrete
  • Like 4