On 3/13/2018 at 1:22 PM, Reporter said:

Even with the stucco, this is a great looking tower. And I'm sure that is all RD is hearing from anyone that matters to him.

I’m sure he’s in an echo chamber.

I always marveled at the gargoyles from the W Gray post office when I was a kid.

Our city is really a cross cross roads of different influences. Apart from any “signature” building in our city, I can see some easily being swapped in different regions of our country and bet that the majority of people wouldn’t blink twice at the change. For example every Greenway Plaza building could be traded with buildings in greater Los Angeles. Or even the Chase Tower & 3 Allen Center in central Tokyo/Yokohama. I can admire the mix he brings to Houston.

If anyone had to bring in the Florida Pandhandle, I’m glad it’s him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Montrose1100 said:

If anyone had to bring in the Florida Pandhandle, I’m glad it’s him.

Never really thought of Houston as being an extension of the Redneck Riviera... :ph34r:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Please tell me that this isn't the finished color of the stucco. I hate the color combination. It looks like bird shoot brown or grey. 

It looks awful. His Marlowe which started a year later is almost finished on the exterior and this just keeps dragging on. I'm sure some of the people who purchased units are starting to worry that they might not be alive to move in. But then again a lot of these units were sold for admission into the U. S. and will probably sit empty most of the time anyway..

6 minutes ago, bobruss said:

Please tell me that this isn't the finished color of the stucco. I hate the color combination. It looks like bird shoot brown or grey. 

It looks awful. His Marlowe which started a year later is almost finished on the exterior and this just keeps dragging on. I'm sure some of the people who purchased units are starting to worry that they might not be alive to move in. But then again a lot of these units were sold for admission into the U. S. and will probably sit empty most of the time anyway..

It seems like some of the lower stucco panels are a different shade than the rest. Pitfalls of not having Home Depot mix all your paint in the same batch.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...