On 5/6/2017 at 11:42 PM, MaxConcrete said:

Taken Friday 5/5/2017. Construction appears to be around floor 29.

20170505-0005-900.jpg

I hate that it doesn't have more windows. Think of the views that are missing with all  of those panels. 

• Like 7

That's what they did on the Marriott Marquis.  Windows cover less than 1/3 of the western façade of the tower (probably the other sides, too, but that's the only side I have a good look at), with the rest just bare concrete, but they put glass over it so it looks like a glass curtain wall unless you look closely.  Look closely at this:

1h6S52N.png

• Like 8

On 5/16/2017 at 1:49 PM, EllenOlenska said:

Hey, architects & engineers! 

Why not put a reflective glass of similar hue over the panels? Problem solved? 

I thought the reason for the reduction in glass/windows was because of the high expense of glass curtain walls?

• Like 6

On 5/20/2017 at 0:30 PM, cloud713 said:

I thought the reason for the reduction in glass/windows was because of the high expense of glass curtain walls?

It was for heating/cooling purposes.  There was concern about how much power/HVAC capacity would be needed to keep the building cool in the summer.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.chron.com/business/real-estate/article/An-early-look-at-ultra-luxe-Arabella-condo-tower-11198983.php?cmpid=twitter-desktop#photo-13036452

1024x1024.jpg

1024x1024.jpg

1024x1024.jpg

1024x1024.jpg

1024x1024.jpg

^^^ i shall have to take my hat off to our resident WEASEL randall davis,  ARABELLA shall afford some drop dead gorgeous interior design and amenities.  well done....

Edited by monarch
  • Like 4

I don't think we're looking at the same pictures. This already looks dated and drab and it isn't even open yet. That bathroom is simply a hot mess with the mixture of colors and materials, and no, the black Hollywood glam chandelier isn't still in style. The kitchen looks like apartment grade garbage from 10 years ago. HANOVER's rental properties are so much fresher and clean than this. I guess since most of the buyers in these properties won't ever live in them it doesn't really matter. 

• Like 4

On 5/22/2017 at 10:41 AM, brijonmang said:

It was for heating/cooling purposes.  There was concern about how much power/HVAC capacity would be needed to keep the building cool in the summer.

It's very unfortunate. Arebella is 70% sold and Randy's giving every real estate agent who sells the remaining units a Telsa Model 3. I'm sure he could have found a different solution regarding the HVAC issue. 

• Like 7

15 hours ago, Urbannizer said:

It's very unfortunate. Arebella is 70% sold and Randy's giving every real estate agent who sells the remaining units a Telsa Model 3. I'm sure he could have found a different solution regarding the HVAC issue. 

Damn. I can't even get a holiday bonus at work smh.

• Like 7