• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, ekdrm2d1 said:

Is it considered taboo to like this tower? :lol:

All things considered. Better than what was there before. I think we can all agree that Contemporary RD is better RD. Definitely not post-modern faux classicist willy-nilly RD, yuck.

On 1/21/2019 at 2:55 PM, HoustonBoy said:

I don’t understand why they didn’t paint it a dark grey/blue to match the windows closer. There wouldn’t be such an obnoxious color difference with the glass and with the wall. 

This thing and the Tilman Hotel are a blight on the skyline. Coming up from Bellaire you can’t take your eyes off how out of place these two are. I want to say they belong in Vegas or Tampa, but I don’t think they’d pass there. Like a giant white and opposable brown thumb with equally bad proportions/symmetry. I thought we had turned the page from the Montebellos & 1200 Post Oaks. Even the stale apartment towers going up Downtown are good at being bland. They easily blend in and could be over shadowed by a building with a sprinkle of imagination.

Not these two... like driving down a fresh 20 lane highway. No amount of tint on your sunglasses can help.

BF over.

• 4 weeks later...

Went inside today and got a tour of the first floor. Not my style, but I appreciate it.  I’ll post photos later today.

Left the office this morning and told the director I’m off to take photos of high rises. An hour later she spotted me walking down Westcreek.. I was like haaay :lol:

The term might be chic?

Edit: gclass calls it "posh"

Front desk lobby

bk1nawI.jpg

Gathering place

BFI12YA.jpg

ohMoDoN.jpg

Valet front desk

N538xi1.jpg

Mail room

Hanover BLVD Place was so much cooler! What is up with the leather walls?  No thanks! :lol:

npb9jBZ.jpg

Marble piece by the mail room/front lobby.  Leather walls again.

CDME3my.jpg

Downstairs bathroom

vrODFOa.jpg

Dog park.  The glass is my favorite feature of the first floor.

hVzEVVU.jpg

I actually don't mind it tooooo much to be honest but i think the big chandeliers in the first photo/lobby look dated and out of place in that decor when the rest seems to be more art deco to modern...

• 1 month later...
18 hours ago, CaptainJilliams said:

Kinda wished they had cropped out the Jack-in-The Box in the lower left corner 😂

What are you talking about? Its there to advertise the walkability of the neighborhood. Those people won't even need to use the drive-thru. They can just walk there.

5 minutes ago, Luminare said:

What are you talking about? Its there to advertise the walkability of the neighborhood. Those people won't even need to use the drive-thru. They can just walk there.

Yes, because nothing screams "luxury apartment living!" like the prestige of having a Jack-In-The-Box within walking distance. 😉

• 2 months later...
  • The title was changed to Arabella by Randall Davis
  • 3 months later...
  • The title was changed to Arabella: Condominiums At 4521 San Felipe St.

Archived