Lest We Forget - Variance Request And Military Correlation?

thisreallyhappened

When I first saw this email on my neighborhood board, I was sure I was reading an "Onion" article. Alas, it was very real. Let me go on record that I am very supportive and appreciative of our troops, they are risking their lives so we can debate things like this over here, and I think veterans should be treated better than they are here, but I fail to see the correlation between military service and lot lines.

Ill change the names (to protect those who protect us?)

Lest We Forget....24 Sep not here from Cherryhurst

Tom Ryan is a Veteran of The United States Air Force. He has a son currently serving in the United States Army. 
I, have a son serving in the United States Army. Because of our sons, and all of America's brave, courageous sons, the United States recently, Monday, escaped an "Imminent Threat." 
We are now, a country embarking on a new war. Syria. ISIS. Our sons are at War. 
So, how do we treat our Veterans? How do we treat the families who have children in "harm's way" 24/7? 
Do we make exceptions for them? Do we grant special favors: To those that guard our well-being, and our freedom? Do we take care of them, as they take care of us? I, for one, think we should. 
I pray, the Ryan's get their five feet variance. I pray, his family, and mine; do not have to unearth six feet at the Veteran's Cemetery, (where my father is buried). 
Do the Ryan's deserve a five foot exception, I believe they do. I hope building their new house gives them a focus, and diversion, from dwelling on their soldier's absence and his well-being. (If you have never had a son at war, you have no idea). 
I believe, Veterans, and their families, deserve way more consideration, than they ever get; from the populace, and the government. If Cherryhurst, is truly striving to embrace, a feeling of the past, and ambiance of history, I assure you, historically: America embraced our Soldiers, and their Families. 
Because of them, we can debate....trees, lot sizes, architecture, landscape....ect. 
God Bless America.

It was followed up by this email from another neighbor

Rhonda, 
Please do not cash my check. 
I do not wish to be a part of an Association, in America, that does not support and respect the Veterans of America. Thank You. 

Anyway, I would love to hear alternative titles to this thread. Here are some I have come up with

"The thin red building line"

"Schindler's Variance"

"Saving Private Ryan's lot size"

___ 

• 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Lest We Forget - Variance Request And Military Correlation?

Archived