Quality Laundry At 1110 West Gray St.

NenaE

Looks like from the google maps, it's been stripped of ornamentation...belongs in the defaced bldg topic. <_< Hard to believe that's the same bldg. Those canopies gave it a nice look.

Looks like the gas station & cleaners bldgs to the left are gone, now. What a great pic, Artistpro, thnx for sharing, do you have anymore? :P

post-5666-1233848710_thumb.jpg

Looks like from the google maps, it's been stripped of ornamentation...belongs in the defaced bldg topic. <_< Hard to believe that's the same bldg. Those canopies gave it a nice look.

Looks like the gas station & cleaners bldgs to the left are gone, now. What a great pic, Artistpro, thnx for sharing, do you have anymore? :P

This is Gibb's Boats bldg. Used to be Quality Laundry...Photo shot in 1938post-1114-1233849343_thumb.jpg

This is Gibb's Boats bldg. Used to be Quality Laundry...Photo shot in 1938post-1114-1233849343_thumb.jpg

And continuing West next to the Laundry was this gas station...it became a Humble station in my youth (50s) . I colorized this 1938 B&W in Photoshop...well...not being so good at this; I can't upload the image...says Iv'e used 998k of 1 mb allotment..

And continuing West next to the Laundry was this gas station...it became a Humble station in my youth (50s) . I colorized this 1938 B&W in Photoshop...well...not being so good at this; I can't upload the image...says Iv'e used 998k of 1 mb allotment..

Same thing happened to me when I first started posting. You just need a "flicker" or other photo shop account, much more photo space, to share with friends. That area really had some nice bldgs. Been past there so many times, to Texas Art Supplies, too bad it's all changed so much, and the Sears Warehouse was right down that other street.

here's a pic of a house that sits across from the strip center in the original pic, you can see in one of the gallery pics the gibbs boat store, http://search.har.com/engine/dispSearch.cf...mp;backButton=Y

this is unrelated, but was found in the central sort on HAR that I did, guessing it's close by, http://search.har.com/engine/dispSearch.cf...mp;backButton=Y, neighborhood -Beulah (year built 1865), that's one of the oldest houses I've ever seen on HAR.

• 5 years later...
  • The title was changed to Gibbs Boats On West Gray St. For Sale
  • The title was changed to Quality Laundry At 1110 West Gray St.

Archived