Encore Castle Court: Senior Living Multifamily At 1341 Castle Ct.

• 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The only problem I see with this project is the fact that there is already a 2-300 unit apartment building just completed one block north on Graustark and Richmond.

Now you're adding another 2-300 units here and all you have for engress- egress is a very narrow two way street (Graustark), that already clogs at Richmond during rush hour.

When  The Black Hole's busy and cars are parked on Graustark in front you can't get two cars to pass. The lanes are very narrow. I realize there is another exit into the neighborhood  but thats a lot of cars. Thats why the rail would be so perfect on Richmond especially since they have built several thousand new units on or within a block of Richmond from 59 out to Greenway Plaza.

32 minutes ago, bobruss said:

The only problem I see with this project is the fact that there is already a 2-300 unit apartment building just completed one block north on Graustark and Richmond.

Now you're adding another 2-300 units here and all you have for engress- egress is a very narrow two way street (Graustark), that already clogs at Richmond during rush hour.

When  The Black Hole's busy and cars are parked on Graustark in front you can't get two cars to pass. The lanes are very narrow. I realize there is another exit into the neighborhood  but thats a lot of cars. Thats why the rail would be so perfect on Richmond especially since they have built several thousand new units on or within a block of Richmond from 59 out to Greenway Plaza.

Castle Court isn't terrible as a street to drive on, but the same issue exists that you are still spilling onto the backed-up part of Richmond. And it also has cars parked up and down it throughout the day. Perhaps ultimately it will push traffic across the bridge to Montrose or Bissonnet?

Agreed on the rail part, I wish Culberson weren't so rooted into his seat. Maybe we could live in the 21st centry...

• 1 month later...

There's  not much news regarding this project besides what's here, but seeing how this is mostly tucked in behind the homes, structures on Castle Ct, Grastaurk St. earlier today, I now understand how it's moving forward so quietly. I wonder if the idea of pursuing those properties for better access was ever pitched around. Will be an unique addition to the Castle Court neighborhood.

Jwc3FcKh.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • The title was changed to Encore Castle Court: Luxury Senior Living Multifamily
  • The title was changed to Encore Castle Court: Senior Living Multifamily At 1341 Castle Ct.

Archived