Encore Castle Court: Senior Living Multifamily At 1341 Castle Ct.

• 2 months later...

Encore Castle Court

http://encore.bz/multi-family/portfolio/ccg/

Encore-Castle-Court.jpg

Encore CC&G is located in the Houston, Texas Museum District, just southwest of the central business district. It is centrally located near shopping and restaurants, Greenway Plaza, the Galleria, and major employers. The Texas Medical Center is approximately 2 miles south of the property, and is one of the largest medical districts in the world. The existing community, The Place Apartments, will be demolished and redeveloped. Construction will commence October 1, 2014 and leasing will begin November 1, 2015.

It seems as though a lot of buildings are done in this sort of bland box style  Is this sort of thing really popular in the architectural community or is its prevalence due more to clients coming in and saying "give me a big, cheap box and dress it up a little"?

Stalin would be proud.

so sorry its not faux classical :P

This is a good one. I wouldn't go so far as to say "sophisticated", but this building speaks more to the present and I like the contemporary materials and overall composition.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

i really like this project - modern/contemporary design that fits the vibe of the neighborhood and will have great presence from 59. it should also work as a nice sound barrier from the freeway noise haha. and no need for GFR since you have antidote and the laundromat next door. i also like it bc castle court is one of my favorites streets in the montrose area but this development will only have a minimal presence directly on the blvd. hopefully the developer can make it happen.

i really like this project - modern/contemporary design that fits the vibe of the neighborhood and will have great presence from 59. it should also work as a nice sound barrier from the freeway noise haha. and no need for GFR since you have antidote and the laundromat next door. i also like it bc castle court is one of my favorites streets in the montrose area but this development will only have a minimal presence directly on the blvd. hopefully the developer can make it happen.

whoa, super positive. and slightly optimistic. I like!

And I agree with your points. Great presence from 59 and not overwhelming on the residential sides of the street.

Black Hole, not Antidote ;)

I can't wait for all these projects to go up along 59! Along with the Carter, we have 3 other projects planned for this section of 59.

Edit: Or is it two other projects? Thinking of the office on Montrose and the residential on Yoakum. Feel like I am missing another one.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived