West Houston Real Estate Murders?

liramoonie

Hello,

My boyfriend was recently telling me about an unsolved murder in the West Houston area. I believe he said it was around where Memorial Drive meets Highway 6, around old Addicks Howell road.

Supposedly, there was a real estate office by there, and the two people that worked in the office were murdered. The husband was suspected, but never proven to be involved, and the case went cold. Shortly after this, the real estate office was bulldozed down by the husband.

I have looked and googled everything I can think of, and cannot find any information regarding this....

He said he was going to ask his mom the name of the victims, but my curiosity cannot wait that long.

Any information would be appreciated!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I recall it well. I lived in the same neighborhood. Wife and we're headed out to see damage from alicia a hurricane which came through the day before. We pulled onto memorial and saw a helicopter parked on memorial and the victim bodies being loaded. I had come home an hour or so earlier and drove right by the realtor offices and saw nothing. Haunts me to this day. The murder was execution style and killed three realtors two from the Fleetwood neighborhood.

Edited by Johnhw2
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

My mom was one of the realtors murdered there on Aug, 19th, 1983. If anyone out there has any information about this unsolved murder or if you need/want further information, please feel free to contact me. My mom was Fran Ivey. This murder happened almost 33 years ago and there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about her. I am now in real estate and keep myself well protected because of that fateful day.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

I did an online search for Fran Ivey and her murder which happened years ago.  This website and replies came up.  I would very much like to be able to reach Sara Ivey.  I was living in Briarhills at the time this horrible event happened.  I was in shock and just couldn't believe it.  The whole community and city were in shock as well.  I knew Fran from our Briarhills Women's Club when she was the charter President and I was the Vice President.  She was such a nice, personable, thoughtful and sweet lady.  I liked her from the first time I met her. My now ex-husband built the family home in Briarhills.  Sara, if you get this posting, please get in touch.  I know this has been so very awful and difficult.  Bless your heart!

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I worked with Fran Ivey for several years at Jim West Realtors on Gessner Road in Spring Branch.  She was a wonderful, cheerful, intelligent lady.. that was my mentor in real estate. She loved her family more than anything!   The murder of Fran & the other realtors was terrifying and made no sense.  I was thinking of her again today.. and can't believe the murder is still unsolved.  If only today's DNA capabilities could find more clues.  Sara, so many people loved your Mom and we're praying that the murderers find justice soon.  Please feel free to contact me anytime.  Bless you & your family.   

• Like 1

Thank you BMJ and LindaMc for your replies and kind words. I still miss my mom- every day! I am a real estate broker for RE/MAX Experience in Katy. (Following in my mom’s realtor footsteps) Please feel free to contact me directly at my personal email address: sarashomes@gmail.com

• 1 year later...

Hey there,

I remember this well, I was one of the kids in the car with the person that discovered the murder.  My friend’s mother was a realtor at Shumate and we all were in the car when she stopped by to pick up some signs when she went in and discovered the killings. 

• 2 months later...

Hello,

My name is Courtney Fischer and I'm a reporter with ABC 13. HPD and Crime Stoppers is pushing out a new call for help on this case. Hopefully, they generate new tips and it causes investigators to take another look--all these years later.  I'd love to talk with anyone here who has mentioned they're familiar with the case. My email: courtney.fischer@abc.com.

Thank you!

Courtney

• 1 year later...

Courtney there is a young lady on our Houston history Facebook site trying to reintroduce her 17 year old uncles case from 1975. He was a Vargo family member from the restaurant of the same. How can I help her get in touch with you?

Thanks

Marti Moser

• 11 months later...

Helen Ivey was a dear friend in elementary and Jr. High. I spent time at her home and remember well how sweet her mother, Fran,  was to me. Ms. Shumate was my 5th grade teacher at Thornwood Elementary before she was a realtor. She was a great teacher. At the time of these murders I was a hair stylist working off Dairy Ashford Dr. And JoAnn Brown was my client. I actually did her hair that day and on my way home from work that night I passed the crime scene with the lifeflight helicopter and all the police. I stopped to find out what was happening and heard the news. This broke my heart and has bothered me for many years. All three of these women were beautiful souls. I truly pray for answers and justice for their families.

• 5 months later...
On 1/8/2016 at 2:29 PM, saraivey said:

My mom was one of the realtors murdered there on Aug, 19th, 1983. If anyone out there has any information about this unsolved murder or if you need/want further information, please feel free to contact me. My mom was Fran Ivey. This murder happened almost 33 years ago and there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about her. I am now in real estate and keep myself well protected because of that fateful day.

I thought these murders happened at gessner and I10 at the yellow building by the railroad tracks north east side.