The Hamilton Apartments At 1800 St. Joseph Pkwy.

MarathonMan

As someone indicated previously, LIHTC's were applied for previously, but not awarded.  Developer decided to move forward as a market rate deal, and the apartments will not be income restricted in any way.  It's been a while since I saw any numbers, but I think rents will be in the $1.75-$2.00/SF range.

• 2 weeks later...

Some more information about the project from Central Houston's latest Downtown Real Estate Update as well. It appears that this complex is not taking DLI Incentive money. It's good to see downtown residential development starting to stand on its own. The Hamilton's 148 units, combined with Fingers Ballpark's 397 units, means that downtown has 545 units currently under construction that aren't taking away from the incentive programs 5,000 unit cap! Let the good times keep coming for downtown!

http://www.downtownhouston.org/site_media/uploads/attachments/2014-10-28/Downtown_Real_Estate_Update_2014-3Q.pdf

• 3 weeks later...

It's literally a copy of the Dolce Apartments that are going up on Gray St. That shouldn't be something that is in Downtown. It might be affordable yes, but that's only because of it's proximity to the highway.

Edited by Luminare
  • Like 1

definitely the most disappointing one of the bunch and I think it only got approval because this is right next to the highway....what a bummer.

If I remember correctly this one isn't using the incentive, and it's on a block that I didn't think would see development for a long time, so I'm not too upset about it. Plus if it encourages additional development nearby then it's a real winner, even with a mediocre design.