Apples New iPhones and the new Apple Watch

iPhone is to Android like Rolex is to Fossil. Both have really great products, but the reason I stick with my iPhone and soon to be IPhone 6 is that while Android provides the freedom of unlimited choices, those often new experiences are untested and unstable. I don't think it's a secret to anyone with an Apple product that these services aren't revolutionary when ported to the iPhone's, we just understand that Apple figures them out in a way that makes them more refined and natural.

Not to say the freedom of Android isn't good, I loved my S4 and being able to customize it, but after awhile Id just rather pay a company to make it nice and clean for me, as well as making it "fashionable" which is a choice I choose to make damnit, I'm well aware of how it sounds.

New iPhones went on sale today at Apple Stores. Predictably, people started lining up well in advance for the big event - Channel 13 had a piece on their website earlier today that indicated Apple diehards had been lined up at the Highland Village store for the past three days. 

Who are these mysterious creatures that willingly spend days in line instead of preordering online?

• 1 year later...

Earlier today, Apple announced its two new iPhones, the iPhone 6 (4.7 Inch screen) and the iPhone 6 Plus (5.5 inch screen) as well as the new apple watch. What are you alls thoughts on this?

I currently have the iPhone 6s Plus and absolutely love it.  I've had it for about two months now and have had no issues.  My favorite thing about it is the camera.  This thing is really something nice.  Plus the preview that's built into moving photos now is definitely a bonus! Fingerprint technology is a huge upgrade as well.

• 3 weeks later...

I currently have the iPhone 6s Plus and absolutely love it.  I've had it for about two months now and have had no issues.  My favorite thing about it is the camera.  This thing is really something nice.  Plus the preview that's built into moving photos now is definitely a bonus! Fingerprint technology is a huge upgrade as well.

I also purchased the 6s this past October, and coming from an iPhone 5s, I am extremely pleased with it. Rumor has it that the next Samsung phone will include a similar pressure-sensitive display. 

I also purchased the 6s this past October, and coming from an iPhone 5s, I am extremely pleased with it. Rumor has it that the next Samsung phone will include a similar pressure-sensitive display. 

I went from a three-year-old 5 to a 6s, so the jump in performance was pretty significant. I got it directly from Apple through their new iPhone Upgrade Program, where you essentially are leasing the phone from Apple until it's paid off after two years and you own it outright, but you have the option of upgrading to a new phone every year if you choose to do so. AppleCare+ is also bundled into the cost of the phone. Since carriers have moved away from subsidizing handsets in exchange for service contracts, it pays to check out your options when it comes time for a new phone. 

The 6s is the best phone I've ever used, but I'd still like to see more processor horsepower. I'd gladly trade some battery life for more speed in rendering complex webpages. 

iPhone is to Android like Rolex is to Fossil. Both have really great products, but the reason I stick with my iPhone and soon to be IPhone 6 is that while Android provides the freedom of unlimited choices, those often new experiences are untested and unstable. I don't think it's a secret to anyone with an Apple product that these services aren't revolutionary when ported to the iPhone's, we just understand that Apple figures them out in a way that makes them more refined and natural.

Not to say the freedom of Android isn't good, I loved my S4 and being able to customize it, but after awhile Id just rather pay a company to make it nice and clean for me, as well as making it "fashionable" which is a choice I choose to make damnit, I'm well aware of how it sounds.

this is a bad analogy ... or is it?

in that a Rolex doesn't necessarily do well what it was designed to do (keep time), and as such, it is more of a status symbol due to its high price.

a fossil is utilitarian and keeps time well, and due to the price, is accessible to (almost) anyone.

although, I'd say android is more like a swatch, in that it's accessible to anyone, keeps excellent time, and is easy to be customized in a multitude of ways.

Well, I think it is but I see a clear, and common narrative in our comments; we are clearly both somewhat biased. If you use the comparison that the iPhone is like a Rolex, and that a Rolex doesn't do its job well, then I assume you mean the iPhone doesn't do its job well.

All fair points, but we're biased.

Also I wrote that over a year ago and don't remember any of it. So to answer your question....eh?

Archived