Riva At The Park: Multifamily High-Rise At 3331 D'Amico St.

Triton

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, HoustonMidtown said:

HAR listing with interior pics

http://www.har.com/3331-damico-904/sale_79715403

THAT costs $2.2M???? Plus over $1,100 a month for maintenance fees. It is just so plain and boring to me. Other new projects aren't new that prices and look so much better. To each their own I guess but to me it is very underwhelming for that steep price.

2 hours ago, thatguysly said:

THAT costs $2.2M???? Plus over $1,100 a month for maintenance fees. It is just so plain and boring to me. Other new projects aren't new that prices and look so much better. To each their own I guess but to me it is very underwhelming for that steep price.

It's a fantastic area to live in and the unit has great views but I agree that the price is just too high in my opinion. Even at $1,000,000 it would still seem overpriced to me. 

You can get a pretty nice house in River Oaks for $2.2m that's got more square footage, a big yard and no maintenance fee.  I can get a lot of maintenance done on a house for less than $1100 a month.

Apparently they sell very well but I've never really understood the economics of high rises in Houston. I looked at them when buying both of the houses that I've bought in Houston and just couldn't get the numbers to make any sense. In my case the price of the high rise was more than double per sq. ft. of a standalone house in the same area and that doesn't even include the very high maintenance fee. The inconvenience of having to get in an elevator every time I want to leave the house was a big consideration also.

I would like to have the views but at that price it just doesn't make sense.

I've seen better fitness rooms at a Comfort Inn. And no pool? For $2.2 million you could get a place in the 2727 Kirby with better views (it's much taller), a huge fitness center, concierge service, and a massive amenity deck with a pool, putting green, dog run, etc... and it's much closer to a Whole Foods than this one (that was touted as a perk).

2 hours ago, KinkaidAlum said:

I've seen better fitness rooms at a Comfort Inn. And no pool? For $2.2 million you could get a place in the 2727 Kirby with better views (it's much taller), a huge fitness center, concierge service, and a massive amenity deck with a pool, putting green, dog run, etc... and it's much closer to a Whole Foods than this one (that was touted as a perk).

LOL  You're also going to pay every month for all those extra amenities. (A comparably-sized unit at 2727 Kirby has HOA fees of $2200 per month.)

3 hours ago, KinkaidAlum said:

Not to mention Central Market is across the street!

3 hours ago, Houston19514 said:

LOL  You're also going to pay every month for all those extra amenities. (A comparably-sized unit at 2727 Kirby has HOA fees of $2200 per month.)

If $1,000 a month extra for a concierge, valet, private elevators, a junior olympic heated pool with downtown views, a pilates room, a theater room, his and her spa facilities, a golf simulator, a putting green, a dog park, a summer kitchen, a full-sized real fitness center, wine storage, climate controlled storage, two guest suites, conference rooms, and more is tight for you then you probably shouldn't be looking at $2.2 million properties. 

There's a reason the top price from the developers (Pelican) at the Riva were $1.6 (that was the penthouse floor). Someone clearly bought a unit below that floor and threw about $100,000 on upgrades and are trying to turn a $400,000+ profit. Good luck. 

• The title was changed to Riva At The Park: Multifamily High-Rise At 3331 D'Amico St.

Archived