just copy and paste the link into a google search bar and click the link when it pops up to view the full article.. heres one more rendering from the article.

any idea which side faces Kirby?
333x2048.jpg

edit.. i count 38 stories! after seeing the renderings/plans Hanover has, im glad this site didnt turn into West Ave Phase III, lol.

Edited by cloud713
  • Like 2

WOW Hanover is quickly becoming my favorite developer with these towers they are throwing up. This one, the one at BLVD Place, the one on Montrose, and even the 12 story apartment building in the village. Im very impressed, Its nice to see a developer build a high-rise instead of the 5 story wrap that every one else is throwing up. I hope they still plan on building their condo high rise at BLVD Place. It would also be nice if they build a tower downtown. Im pretty sure that I read, a few months back, that they were looking at building a high rise downtown to take advantage of the incentives the city is offering.

• Like 2

just copy and paste the link into a google search bar and click the link when it pops up to view the full article.. heres one more rendering from the article.

any idea which side faces Kirby?

333x2048.jpg

edit.. i count 38 stories! after seeing the renderings/plans Hanover has, im glad this site didnt turn into West Ave Phase III, lol.

does that portion that juts out look to anyone else like a fantastic place for entertaining? obviously the pool is on the 9th floor, but one would think they would utilize that space/rooftop deck on the 30th floor for something. it even looks like there will be more amenities up there given the 2 story glass facade without balconies at that level on the left image. maybe they will go the Market Square Tower route and have 2 pools? whatever they do, that space will have spectacular views and be about even with the top floor of 2727 Kirby.

WOW Hanover is quickly becoming my favorite developer with these towers they are throwing up. This one, the one at BLVD Place, the one on Montrose, and even the 12 story apartment building in the village. Im very impressed, Its nice to see a developer build a high-rise instead of the 5 story wrap that every one else is throwing up. I hope they still plan on building their condo high rise at BLVD Place. It would also be nice if they build a tower downtown. Im pretty sure that I read, a few months back, that they were looking at building a high rise downtown to take advantage of the incentives the city is offering.

I really like this tower's design. I hope you're right about them looking to build downtown. I'm still waiting for downtown to get a new condo high rise tower.

• Like 3

Yeah I don't think that Beck's Prime Rib is going to last too long after this gets built >.>

Holy cow though I was not expecting this! I'm very impressed. This is big step in the right direction for this area. Imagine this and The Collection getting built! Lots of cool stuff here.

• Like 3

Kirby is the center between the Galleria / Uptown and Downtown. I think a W or Ritz would be great in this area too... It is exciting to see this street absolultely take off.

This building is beautiful. I wonder how those neighbors are feeling about this little change ;)

• Like 1

Just don't mess with the building north of the 2727 Kirby. I like that building. I think its a trust or some kind of financial institution. It has nice bones.

In the article it says that the small buildings in this rendering will be retail facing Kirby with a pedestrian courtyard in between it and the tower and full of restaurants, and that the Becks Prime will stay. I'm sure there will be plenty of retail since the success of Hanover's Rice Village apartment  project.

Has anyone heard any more about the Thor development project, on the western blocks of Kirby between Richmond and West Alabama going forward?

• Like 1

It's extremely attractive. Nice clean lines, and the shade of the glass is just gorgeous. Kirby is ripe for this development, it's basically our only 2-way boulevard in the loop that is 6 lanes, buried power lines, and not riddled with potholes. If only this type of vision could be realized for other streets. cough westheimer/washington/richmond/san felipe cough.

Back in 1986 when Johnny Carrabba and Damian Mandola bought their first little gutted x rated store and turned it into one of the most popular restaurants in Houston at the height of the last bust people thought they were crazy. Then they bought the property around the remodeled, and then rebuilt restaurant, and now have a dynasty at the epicenter of the Upper Kirby district.  I believe Carrabba's, was  one of the early tipping points for that whole area. I worked for them from 86 until 94 working on my masters and they were very savvy to accrue the land they did and have reaped the benefits of those early moves.

They have got to love what has followed.

Just an aside, does anyone remember one of the greatest grocery store/ import markets, right across the street from Carrabbas. Jamail's the original Central Market/ European import and deli, that catered to the River Oaks crowd.

It was one of a kind and way ahead of its time. Now that was a place to see just about anyone who was important in Houston.

• Like 1

It's extremely attractive. Nice clean lines, and the shade of the glass is just gorgeous. Kirby is ripe for this development, it's basically our only 2-way boulevard in the loop that is 6 lanes, buried power lines, and not riddled with potholes. If only this type of vision could be realized for other streets. cough westheimer/washington/richmond/san felipe cough.

Westhiemer / Richmond / Montrose / Washington... All also very ripe...

• Like 1