1 hour ago, gene said:

THE most talented photographer I know...

your images always blow me away

Thanks Gene! I need to get back out there... eye infection followed by the flu over the past month has not been great for my picture taking!

• Like 7
  • Sad 2

18 hours ago, gene said:

Oh crud! Hope you are feeling better!!! 

17 hours ago, bobruss said:

Sorry to hear that Bryan. Hope you recover soon!

8 hours ago, jmitch94 said:

The internet can get so toxic at times. I really love our little community. Hope you feel better man!

Thank you everyone! I'm almost back to 100%, been an interesting ride haha.  I really appreciate the HAIF community reaching out like this! Oh yeah, and thanks for always keeping me in the loop on all the cool new stuff going on around town :) 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, ekdrm2d1 said:

Still can't decide which photo I like.  The one with or w/o the tower crane.

The photo with the tower crane gives the viewer more of the height and surroundings aspect.

G8CoGBm.jpg

YHexfPg.jpg

With the crane

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jmosele said:

Very cool. Now imagine that pic when Midway + HEB develop on that open plot, and the BB&B inevitably gets torn down for something better. 

Agreed on the Midway + HEB, that will be exciting. But do we know that BB&B is gone for sure? I mean, there are quite a few young families that live in the area and to my knowledge the only other close one is in Meyerland. I’m all for redeveloping the land, but I’m sure they are still getting decent business. They may linger around a little longer.

• Like 3

I suspect BB&B as a company are not long for this world. 

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/13/business/bed-bath-and-beyond-stores-closing/index.html

While I’ve relied on that store when I lived in the area, it is such a BAD design. With its front facing Alabama, it turns its ugly, featureless side and parking lot towards Kirby. I’m ready for it to go. Besides, people have Amazon 😉

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I find myself more excited about the potential “Boulevard” being created along Kirby than I am about Post Oak. While I love where PO is going with some of their developments, there are some key shopping centers like the Centre at post Oak (one with. Nordstrom’s Rack) and Post Oak Plaza (one with California Pizza kitchen) that I think are so entrenched that they will not be going anywhere for years. Kirby, on the other hand, looks more promising as even their shopping centers around the Richmond intersection are old and are more likely to be redeveloped, making the street more uninform in its density. Of course, south of 59 is a whole other story...

Edited by mls1202
  • Like 6