THANK GOD Randall Davis didn't develop in the Rice Village. Hanover's two projects are head-and-shoulders above anything he has ever built.

Also, I'd rather a city have hodge-podge funky development than just one master-planned thing after another. But, that's just me. I like quirks... like the Dirt Bar to me is more interesting than Green Street or whatever it is called now. 

• Like 8

What amazes me is this cities resilience with the oil downturn, and Harvey hasn't seemed to put a damper on construction and primarily high end condo and apartment towers just going or coming out of the ground in this residential explosion.

I tried to list all of the new set of residential towers announced:

Hanover River Oaks 39 floors

Hanover West Gray The Driscoll 29 floors

Villa Borghese - Borlenghi Tower - old Bammel Lane shops 26 floors

Caydon Properties Main Fannin Mid Town  33floors

Camden Conte 21 floors

Hines Colombe Dior 30 floors

Senior Apartments in Rice Village

The Allen

Under construction:

Arabella

Hanover Post Oak a

Latitude

Marlowe 

Post Oak Fertitta conference center

Thor Equities Kirby

• Like 6

This list doesn't include the 3300 Main just north of Match by PM Realty.

30 + floors. I haven't heard anything about this project since they cleared the lot.

Or the Museo 54+floor high rise on Fannin and Main on the Mann eye clinic site.

Last I heard they had public hearings to meet with the neighborhood but haven't heard anything from this in a while!

Crickets!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, KinkaidAlum said:

Villa Borghese was cancelled. Kinda sad because they removed that cute cluster of buildings. 

I wouldnt say cancelled, more so just placed on the back burner until the high-end condo market picks up well enough for the developer. 

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2017/06/08/houston-developer-puts-luxury-condo-tower-in-river.html

• Like 3

Well, that's a shame. They're always in such a rush to clear the property . Those shops could have remained open for quite a while longer generating taxes, making profits and providing employment and  nice shopping experience in an area that is quickly losing it's neighborhood scale and charm. It goes back to the Texas Eastern slash and burn plan of attack in the east side of downtown in the 70's,  when they started to develop Houston Center.

• Like 4

http://www.multifamilybiz.com/PressReleases/7845/HFF_Announces_Capitalization_of_Hanover_River_Oaks...

HOUSTON, TX – Holliday Fenoglio Fowler, L.P. (HFF) announces capitalization of Hanover River Oaks, a to-be-built, 39-story, luxury high-rise multi-housing tower in Houston’s Upper Kirby district.

HFF worked exclusively on behalf of Hanover Company and institutional investors advised by J.P. Morgan Asset Management to capitalize the equity and construction financing for the development of the project.

Hanover River Oaks will consist of 370 residential units with nearly 10,000 square feet of ground-floor retail constructed on a 1.6-acre site at 2930 Kirby Drive.  Situated in the heart of the prestigious River Oaks neighborhood, the iconic tower will provide a true live-work-play experience for residents. 

Units will average 1,172 square feet with luxury finishes, including stainless steel appliances, stone countertops, kitchen islands and pantries, garden tubs, walk-in closets, computer niches and/or dry bars, floor-to-ceiling windows, and faux wood and tile flooring throughout.  Property amenities will include a rooftop pool with sunbeds and poolside cabanas, outdoor grilling and dining stations, 24-hour fitness club, clubhouse with lounge seating, catering kitchen with private dining room, private theater, landscaped garden courtyard, water wall garden, pet washing station, 24-hour concierge, controlled-access parking garage and panoramic city views. The project broke ground in December 2017 with the first units expected in the first quarter of 2020.

• Like 6

If they can't get the Beck's Prime site it will really change the build. Beck's site is half of the block fronting Kirby. I guess money talks and they might give them free rent for a while in the GFR if they sell. Beck's property is where the mid rise will be located which would have to be the staging area during the build. Someone here today told me they are building a mock up apartment at the Gables apartment next door and also a leasing office. Excavation is going on now with lots of dump trucks. The trucks aren't allowed to be there till after 8 am and can't sit on Kipling idling in order not to make the Gables residents mad.

LiTkhj9.jpg

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...