• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those units are large! 1500 sq ft minimum? Wow! I'll bet that the developer is going to charge stratoshere prices here. This project is only a few blocks from 2727 Kirby. That building is in the $600-$700+/sqft range I think. I wonder where this building will price?

Beautiful plan. I love what they are doing here.  The pricing will be interesting.  I would imagine the $600-700/sq ft range is probably very close.

FWIW, since 1/1/2014, 12 units in 2727 Kirby have sold. They have ranged in price from $512.48/sq ft to $736.03/ sq ft.  The median sale price was about $645/sq ft.  Interestingly, the mean (average) sale price was almost exactly the same as the median ($644.56/sq ft.)

shouldnt this topic be in the Upper Kirby / Greenway Plaza section..... (we don't have one, but we should)... because this is NOT a new build. This is similar to the JW Marriott and the Holiday Inn redo.

Thanks for moving it in advance.

shouldnt this topic be in the Upper Kirby / Greenway Plaza section..... (we don't have one, but we should)... because this is NOT a new build. This is similar to the JW Marriott and the Holiday Inn redo.

Thanks for moving it in advance.

If you look at the added top portion in the rendering, it becomes clear as to why it is in "going up"

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Wow looks amazing, I cant wait for this to really get underway. $10 million for a penthouse is pretty ambitious in Houston let alone two of them. Maybe they can drop the price and I can swoop in and get it for a 99.99% discount.  

Ten mil would be pocket change considering what some of the penthouses in Manhattan are going for. I'm still trying to figure out who is buying them.

Foreign investors who will never move in.  Most of the units in those new/proposed midtown Manhattan condos will sit vacant.

Wow looks amazing, I cant wait for this to really get underway. $10 million for a penthouse is pretty ambitious in Houston let alone two of them. Maybe they can drop the price and I can swoop in and get it for a 99.99% discount.

That seems pretty good for a penthouse. Didn't Mosiac's recently go on the market for like +/- $30mil? 2727 kirby's was what 14 million? And that one on top of the building by bayou bends was like one of the most expensive, and if I remember correctly the Huntingdon was like 20ish last time it was up?

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't been able to take any pictures, but man they are gutting this building! windows being ripped out. You just look at it and its kinda depressing, but refreshing knowing what it will turn into!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How has the building been selling?  Is it worth nearly double the price to be in a "new" remodeled building instead of the 3 older ones right down the street?  WIllowick, Inwood and I forget the name of the other, but they all have "remodeled" lobbies.  

There are just four generalized listings on HAR ranging from $1.4M to $4.4M.  Does anyone know how many have been "sold" so far?

Archived