Harris County Institute Of Forensic Sciences At 1861 Old Spanish Trl.

lg_hcifs_06.jpg

The new Harris County Institute for Forensic Sciences will be built on a 3.2-acre site adjacent to the existing Harris County Medical Examiner’s Office in the Texas Medical Center. The 200,000-square-foot Phase One will comprise a nine-story tower housing approximately 140,000 square feet of laboratory, morgue, administrative and support space and approximately 60,000 square feet of unfinished shell space. The parking will be accommodated offsite. Phase Two will accommodate another tower on site for future expansion needs of the institute.

Page is partnering with Crime Lab Design on this project.

lg_hcifs_02.jpg

lg_hcifs_04.jpg

lg_hcifs_05.jpg

lg_hcifs_03.jpg

lg_hcifs_01.jpg

http://pagethink.com/v/project-detail/Harris-County-Institute-of-Forensic-Sciences/7p/

• Like 7

Not sure what's postmodern about this building. It looks pretty thoroughly contemporary, especially with the random rectangular accents around some ribbons of windows. Those seem to be all the rage these days.

The view from my phone at 1:24am looks different than viewing from a desktop. 

Not sure what's postmodern about this building. It looks pretty thoroughly contemporary, especially with the random rectangular accents around some ribbons of windows. Those seem to be all the rage these days.

I think he meant postmortem design

• Like 4

Ok first I'm just going to slip in here that just because something is built today doesn't mean that it is "post-modern". Now that's not what this topic is about so done.

About the building, it's a decent contemporary look. For a government building it isn't half bad.

Ok first I'm just going to slip in here that just because something is built today doesn't mean that it is "post-modern". Now that's not what this topic is about so done.

About the building, it's a decent contemporary look. For a government building it isn't half bad.

Even viewing it now from my phone I can see where the tired working all day and night me saw what I saw. With such tiny horizontal windows, and given my small phone screen (not seeing the details on the facade), it looks like an 80's building with a few modern touches. I'm not an expert architecture critic, it's just how I view it.

I'm about to show my ignorance again, but is this a "CSI" type of building? Doing autopsies on murder victims and that type of thing? Seems like a large building for just that, I don't think Houston's murder rate is that high. But I like it, although it could just be the TMC has me brainwashed to like any design they put out

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...