SoDo On Main: Multifamily At 1625 Main St.

lockmat

Driving around town today for a few projects.... This would have been interesting over close to the old commercial area of the Heights (not on anything historic, but perhaps in place of some CVS or run-down Krogers).  Every time I go to that area I'm always surprised there are several residential highrises (and a hospital) over there.  You never see them unless your in the Heights.

• Like 1

Lmfao Howard.

I think we drove by the site at similar times yetsterday. That homeless guy was sitting on that very bench, hunched over JUST like that. Man we need to figure out something to do with the homeless besides just ignoring them and/or pushing them further down the street (sorry, not trying to side track this thread)

Edit. And since we all always seem to be scoping out sites at similar times unknowingly (Triton has definitely hit up a few of the same sites as me around the same time of day) we should organize some type of meet up if we're planning to be in a certain area (preferably with lots of construction to drool over). I believe there was a thread about meet and greets somewhere

Edited by cloud713
  • Like 1

So, Navarre will build 3 highrise resi buildings.... Two towers right next to each other within maybe.... 3.5 years..... All the while the midtown superblock stays as a decade-long conceptual rendering (but is now slated to start soon) and Camden Conte flattens a building to become a parking lot instead of twin highrises.?

Clearly there are two very different corporate cultures at play here.

Edited by UtterlyUrban
  • Like 2

Nice shots Hindesky! Looks like you and I had the same idea today.

Being a bicycle enthusiast, the weekend is the best and easiest way to work my way around the various construction sites in downtown, Midtown, Montrose and other sites inside the loop to take pictures.

• Like 2

May take some time to fill those up. Retail follows residential growth. More inclined to think we'll see something there once Block 334 opens.

There is a terrific space at the corner of Lamar and la Branch. It is in one park place. It has hundreds of residences above it and tens of thousands who walk by it weekly. Yet, in 5 years, I don't think it has ever leased and I am at a loss as to why.

Yeah. I'm more concerned with the GFR in downtown than wether the residences will fill up. As someone said recently.. GFR is generally a money loser, and merely added as an "amenity" for the residents. They're likely going to have to not shoot for big time national retailers and settle for more local stores. Unless they go with restaurants.. I think restaurants will be a big filler in all the incoming GFR. I see the national retailers going for more of the GreenStreet/planned retail district scene.

Isn't the gfr in Skyhouse in the garage and not fronting main? That area isn't yet big on pedestrian activity. Bell station is one of the least used stations and DR transit station users usually never head north to that area. I would think that once a bigger residential population develops there will be more of a market for retail but for now Skyhouse rarely has anyone foot traffic around it