SoDo On Main: Multifamily At 1625 Main St.

lockmat

In the last 2 years, 4 blocks in the Garden District (or Parking District) are being developed. Skyhouse, Block 334, Holiday Inn and now Skyhouse 2 ...all next to each other. And 800 Bell is next to be redeveloped. A few other residential projects are planers as well. SoDo area has momentum. Will be interesting to see what happens to the old Days Inn now and the Amegy building when they vacate for the Galleria area.

In the last 2 years, 4 blocks in the Garden District (or Parking District) are being developed. Skyhouse, Block 334, Holiday Inn and now Skyhouse 2 ...all next to each other. And 800 Bell is next to be redeveloped. A few other residential projects are planers as well. SoDo area has momentum. Will be interesting to see what happens to the old Days Inn now and the Amegy building when they vacate for the Galleria area.

Isnt most of Amegy already in the Galleria? I thought they were just moving within that area.

• Like 1

Indeed.  Pretty extraordinary momentum. 

I may have missed something, but I don't think Amegy plans to vacate their downtown building for the Galleria area.  The move into the new Galleria headquarters building will be from the Amegy Building in Post Oak Park.

• Like 2

Indeed.  Pretty extraordinary momentum. 

I may have missed something, but I don't think Amegy plans to vacate their downtown building for the Galleria area.  The move into the new Galleria headquarters building will be from the Amegy Building in Post Oak Park.

From what I have heard, that is correct. Amegy is keeping their operations center Downtown. The new tower will be used to accommodate those employees from the current building with additional room for growth and will feature a good-sized auditorium for training events for employees for the various branches around the city.

Awesome, so when does construction start?

What are the chances the same team who did #1 are the same folks working on #2 and perhaps when they finish that one they will move on to #3?

It seems to me that this developer is all about saving money with smart logistics. In keeping with that trend, a 2015 start date would seem rather reasonable.

• Like 2

This sounds like the description for SkyHouse Main, but Bidclerk has the start date listed as October/November 2014.

https://www.bidclerk.com/project/2917927.html

Site work and new construction of a multi-residential development in Houston. Completed working plans call for the construction of a new 24-story, 338-unit, approximately 325,100-square-foot apartment building with a design/build pre-cast parking de...
  • Like 2

This sounds like the description for SkyHouse Main, but Bidclerk has the start date listed as October/November 2014.

https://www.bidclerk.com/project/2917927.html

Site work and new construction of a multi-residential development in Houston. Completed working plans call for the construction of a new 24-story, 338-unit, approximately 325,100-square-foot apartment building with a design/build pre-cast parking de...

This seems to match the timeline and description I was told. This sounds like SkyHouse Main to me too.

From what I heard, this will be another skyhouse, similar in design and height. It supposedly will start somewhat soon. Please take this with a grain of salt, not confirmed, but sounds promising... I know lockmat said he thought the next skyhouse was years out, not sure what to make of that and the info I just got.

LOL at complaints about this.  If this was announced as a 2 tower development from the very beginning people would have shaken with glee on this forum.

This. We are getting so spoiled in Houston. Remember just a few years ago when we would go days without an update on any project in Going Up because there was barely any construction around town? I think it will look good being right next to the other SkyHouse. Just look at the Mosaic towers or the Palisade Palms in Galveston for two identical towers side by side; those turned out well enough. They're more isolated, but still.

• Like 1

idk if anyone noticed this but below the aerial map of the development map are the renderings for the projects under construction and one of those happens to be SkyHouse Main which shows two skyhouses next to each other...as if we needed more conformation

http://www.downtownhouston.org/site_media/uploads/attachments/2014-09-12/140911_Double_Sided_Development_Map_Renders_Map_11x17_1.pdf

• Like 3

idk if anyone noticed this but below the aerial map of the development map are the renderings for the projects under construction and one of those happens to be SkyHouse Main which shows two skyhouses next to each other...as if we needed more conformation

http://www.downtownhouston.org/site_media/uploads/attachments/2014-09-12/140911_Double_Sided_Development_Map_Renders_Map_11x17_1.pdf

nice catch!

• Like 1

15221472815_68b98789b0_b.jpg

• Like 9