SoDo On Main: Multifamily At 1625 Main St.

lockmat

• The title was changed to SoDo on Main (formerly Skyhouse on Main), Block 368

How about "SoMa" (South Main)? Merriam-Webster defines soma as an intoxicating juice from a plant of disputed identity that was used in ancient India as an offering to the gods and as a drink of immortality by worshippers in Vedic ritual. Works for me. These days I like Ho ho ho. 🙂

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Specwriter said:

How about "SoMa" (South Main)? Merriam-Webster defines soma as an intoxicating juice from a plant of disputed identity that was used in ancient India as an offering to the gods and as a drink of immortality by worshippers in Vedic ritual. Works for me. These days I like Ho ho ho. 🙂

Soma was also the drug of choice in Huxley's "Brave New World". When the stresses of everyday life became too much, people would take a Soma vacation. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Specwriter said:

My junk mail defines "Soma" as a bra company for ladies who have a balcony you could do Shakespeare from.

Also, from the Chronicle article:

SoDo on Main is close to Toyota Center (no it's not), GreenStreet (OK), the George R. Brown Convention Center (nope) and Discovery Green park (not really)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 12/9/2021 at 3:44 AM, editor said:

Also, from the Chronicle article:

SoDo on Main is close to Toyota Center (no it's not), GreenStreet (OK), the George R. Brown Convention Center (nope) and Discovery Green park (not really)

It’s not often I say this, but in this case the Chronicle got it more right than wrong.  I know I would consider anything within a 15-20 minute walk to be “close”.

• Like 2

• The title was changed to SoDo On Main: Multifamily For Block 368 At 1625 Main St.
  • The title was changed to SoDo On Main: Multifamily At 1625 Main St.
  • 7 months later...

Slow Drip (or Slow Drip TX) is leasing a unit at SoDo on Main. According to their website, the address is 1625 Main St, Suite A-1.

Last week, the coffee purveyor posted a teaser video to social media announcing their forthcoming downtown location. The address wasn't included in the post.

https://www.slowdriptx.com

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CzwdeRYAnkO/

qpysmBi.jpg

Edited by IntheKnowHouston
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, IntheKnowHouston said:

Slow Drip (or Slow Drip TX) is leasing a unit at SoDo on Main. According to their website, the address is 1625 Main St, Suite A-1.

Last week, the coffee purveyor posted a teaser video to social media announcing their forthcoming downtown location. The address wasn't included in the post.

https://www.slowdriptx.com

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CzwdeRYAnkO/

qpysmBi.jpg

An one story occupancy inspection permit and certificate of occupancy were filed yesterday for 1625 Main St, Ste A-1.

Details from the permit:

• ** WFP **Nc/Cafe/'12 IBC/100%Spk/1,125 Sq Ft/# 16125132
  • FCC Group: Non-residential alteration

Slow Drip TX is opening their brick-and-mortar coffee shop at SoDo on Main.

One story occupancy inspection

kzBY5qb.png

Certificate of occupancy

2C25SBD.png

• Like 1