6 Shot to Death in Spring

Subdude

Six members of a Spring family, including four children and two adults, were shot to death Wednesday after an apparent domestic dispute at their Spring home and a relative was arrested hours later after a police chase and a tense standoff in the cul-de-sac of a nearby neighborhood.

Authorities held a news conference about 5:30 a.m. Thursday to announce that Ron Lee Haskell, 33, had been captured and charged after a slow-speed chase and lengthy standoff.

A 15-year-old girl was wounded in the shooting at the home in the 700 block of Leaflet Lane and was airlifted toMemorial Hermann Hospital where she remained in critical condition late Wednesday.

Harris County Sheriff's Office identied the victims as two males, ages 4 and 13, two females, ages 6 and 9, and two adults, a 39-year-old male and a 34-year-old female.

Mark Herman, assistant chief deputy for the Precinct 4 Harris County constable, said authorities responded to a report of a shooting about 6 p.m. at the home on Leaflet Lane. There they found five people dead and two others with gunshot wounds to the head. Both were taken by Life Flight helicopter to the hospital, where one of them died.

http://www.chron.com/neighborhood/spring/news/article/Fatal-Spring-shooting-leaves-5-dead-suspect-5610401.php#photo-6576405

Turns out the animal who did this has an estranged ex-wife who lived with the murdered family at one point.  What a shame.

I always wonder how someone can have the malice in them to think of something like this, much less act on it!

I find myself wondering how the cops - in this particular situation - who knew this guy (not someone else) shot and killed execution style a family of 6... how they couldn't then shoot him?  Talk about restraint.  I mean it would have been simple for them to say "he reached for something that was a gun, so we shoot him"

But then, I guess most of us are not animals.

I read that he collapsed in the courtroom today.  I'm sure the DA is going to give this guy the death penalty, and I really doubt its going to take much to convict him.  If it goes to trial... I would HATE to be on that jurry!

Yes, Austin news at noon showed him collapsing in front of the judge.  Hard to tell if it was on purpose or natural.   

I thought I had heard or read that his ex was related to this family somehow. 

And yes, it was in Spring but I don't think that means anything other than it's where the family lived.  He would have gone after them if they'd been in Kingwood, Clear Lake or Heights.

I find myself wondering how the cops - in this particular situation - who knew this guy (not someone else) shot and killed execution style a family of 6... how they couldn't then shoot him?  Talk about restraint.  I mean it would have been simple for them to say "he reached for something that was a gun, so we shoot him"

But then, I guess most of us are not animals.

I read that he collapsed in the courtroom today.  I'm sure the DA is going to give this guy the death penalty, and I really doubt its going to take much to convict him.  If it goes to trial... I would HATE to be on that jurry!

Just hope they can convict him w/o the survivor having to testify. 

Archived