White Oak Music Hall At 2915 N. Main St.

Triton

9 hours ago, Triton said:

All those homes are gone today.

Interesting enough, they used the sites for parking tonight... with debris, nails, and everything else still on the property. Honestly surprised me.

They showed it on the news ABC13 about the huge crowd line waiting to get in for the Rex Orange County show.

https://abc13.com/houston-events-rex-orange-county-white-oak-concert-venue-long-lines/11870870/

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, hindesky said:

They showed it on the news ABC13 about the huge crowd line waiting to get in for the Rex Orange County show.

https://abc13.com/houston-events-rex-orange-county-white-oak-concert-venue-long-lines/11870870/

Lots of posts on Nextdoor about this. There were apparently a lot of less than smart people running across Main in front of cars, nearly getting hit. There was a comment that the sound, for once, was not excessively loud.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/21/2020 at 10:55 PM, Triton said:

Sorry for the double post but here's a new rendering that matches up with the markers on site:

Oui_Eats.PNG

https://www.abcahouston.com/ouieats

It's been so many years since this info first came out. I wonder if any of this vendors are even going forward with this:

LEASE SPACE (S): 
First Floor
- VENDOR 1 | Oui Eats | ±1,246 SF
- VENDOR 2 | Available | ±1,248 SF
- VENDOR 3 | Good Dog Hot Dog | ±1,205 SF
- VENDOR 4 | Available | ±1,226 SF
- VENDOR 5 | Double Trouble | ±1,226 SF
Second Floor
- VENDOR 6 | The Lantern by Ruggles | ±5,833 SF

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 5/1/2022 at 3:03 PM, hindesky said:

I saw this new plat when it was posted but didn't know what to make of it.

r1oXUQV.pngF2QWhqO.png

On 5/10/2022 at 3:25 PM, Urbannizer said:

Volleyball courts and surface parking..

On 5/10/2022 at 3:32 PM, hindesky said:

I guess this replaces the ones where Marquette is building apartments.

On 5/11/2022 at 11:04 PM, Triton said:

@Urbannizer is correct. Not sure if you saw the variance request or not.

Anyway, this is the proposal with N Main being on the top end of this schematic (attached).

White Oak Music Hall cancelled their variance request and will work with the city to widen E Woodland St nearby.

image.png

On 8/30/2022 at 1:06 PM, hindesky said:

LhUsz4G.pngkIoMjOi.png

Ne8hVCf.jpg

On 9/6/2022 at 12:42 PM, hindesky said:

Parking, the old building to be a volleybar.

LSRU6AJ.jpg

JPdRFEc.jpg

On 10/9/2022 at 12:58 PM, hindesky said:

XbjnqwI.jpg

On 1/4/2023 at 4:06 PM, hindesky said:

Sand volleyball courts.

pRR5MlI.jpg

On 1/27/2023 at 1:26 AM, hindesky said:

R9UvrjA.png

Are you guys for certain 313 E Woodland St and 3209 N Main St are part of the overall White Oak Music Hall development?

Is that portion north of White Oak Music Hall and E Woodland St still associated with the development?

W2 Development Partners is no longer involved with White Oak Music Hall, Raven Tower, and the other related properties. Last year,  W2 Development Partners sold White Oak Music Hall and Raven Tower, including the properties to AJ Capital Partners. I don't recall any of the local news outlets reporting on the new ownership, but it was reported in passing by other out-of-state publications.

In addition to the aforementioned properties, W2 Development Partners also sold other properties. One of those properties was the former site of Sideout Vollebar at 2623 Keene St, as discussed in previous posts in the topic and the one for White Oak Apartments. 

The only properties W2 Development Partners didn't sell are 316 Woodland St and 318 Woodland St.

North of White Oak Music Hall and E Woodland St - the block bounded by Maniford St and N Main as shown in the Woodland Square plat several posts up - are the following properties being developed by W2 Development Partners:

• 313 E Woodland St (owned by W2 Development Partners)

• 315 E Woodland St (Heights Partners)

• 317 E Woodland St (Heights Partners)

• 3203 N Main St (White Oak W2 Investments)

• 3207 N Main St (Heights Partners)

• 3209 N Main St (Heights Partners)

• 3211 N Main St (W2 N Main Commercial)

Is it possible those properties - which were replatted into the Woodland Square plat - are for an entirely different project not associated with White Oak Music Hall? I'm asking because I saw something related to the buildout of Sideout's new space. I wasn't sure to post it here or in a new topic in the Near Northside forum.

Edited by IntheKnowHouston
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, IntheKnowHouston said:

Are you guys for certain 313 E Woodland St and 3209 N Main St are part of the overall White Oak Music Hall development?

Is that portion north of White Oak Music Hall and E Woodland St still associated with the development?

W2 Development Partners is no longer involved with White Oak Music Hall, Raven Tower, and the other related properties. Last year,  W2 Development Partners sold White Oak Music Hall and Raven Tower, including the properties to AJ Capital Partners. I don't recall any of the local news outlets reporting on the new ownership, but it was reported in passing by other out-of-state publications.

In addition to the aforementioned properties, W2 Development Partners also sold other properties. One of those properties was the former site of Sideout Vollebar at 2623 Keene St, as discussed in previous posts in the topic and the one for White Oak Apartments. 

The only properties W2 Development Partners didn't sell are 316 Woodland St and 318 Woodland St.

North of White Oak Music Hall and E Woodland St - the block bounded by Maniford St and N Main as shown in the Woodland Square plat several posts up - are the following properties being developed by W2 Development Partners:

• 313 E Woodland St (owned by W2 Development Partners)

• 315 E Woodland St (Heights Partners)

• 317 E Woodland St (Heights Partners)

• 3203 N Main St (White Oak W2 Investments)

• 3207 N Main St (Heights Partners)

• 3209 N Main St (Heights Partners)

• 3211 N Main St (W2 N Main Commercial)

Is it possible those properties - which were replatted into the Woodland Square plat - are for an entirely different project not associated with White Oak Music Hall? I'm asking because I saw something related to the buildout of Sideout's new space. I wasn't sure to post it here or in a new topic in the Near Northside forum.

Not sure. I would say just post it here and if it's something else, we can just create a new thread for it.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
14 hours ago, Triton said:

Yea unfortunately no one has worked on the food hall in months.

Very sad. Hope they do resume sometime soon. The whole thing is pretty advanced. I wonder whether it's a funding issue, not enough tenants, or no access to the site given the adjacent work on the apartment complex.

• Confused 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...