White Oak Music Hall At 2915 N. Main St.

Triton

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 10/27/2016 at 8:37 AM, CrockpotandGravel said:

There's also this nugget in Papercity magazine recently:

" They (Will Thomas and Will Garwood) also own four acres on the other side of the bayou from White Oak Music Hall and there are deals in place to bring a sand volleyball themed bar in partnership with GUS (Grown Up Sports) and a much more ambitious Les Givral’s restaurant along the water somewhat modeled after Austin’s beloved Mozart’s Coffee to that site. "

http://www.papercitymag.com/culture/white-oak-music-hall-rebels-will-thomas-will-garwood-shake-up-houston-controversy/

Any update on the Les Givral's?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Montrose1100 said:

I'm surprised Les Givral's would step foot so close to Pho Binh territory. Anyone whom visits the latter will not return to the first.

Not as big a conflict as it first may appear.  People go to Pho Binh for pho and plates o' stuff, Les Givrals is a lot bigger on killer banh mi and rolls.  That, and 45 is a pretty big psychological divide, at least for a lot of us Heights Rats.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, mollusk said:

Not as big a conflict as it first may appear.  People go to Pho Binh for pho and plates o' stuff, Les Givrals is a lot bigger on killer banh mi and rolls.  That, and 45 is a pretty big psychological divide, at least for a lot of us Heights Rats.

Completely agree. Having a Vietnamese girlfriend, she's taught me there are huge differences between the two. Plus, Pho Binh is a little higher priced and who wouldn't mind some delicious banh mi before a show?

• Like 1

On 2/25/2017 at 0:15 PM, mollusk said:

Pho Binh's Banh Mi is the best I've ever had and has more than a tiny sliver of meat.

...but you get what you pay for.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, CrockpotandGravel said:

The volleyball bar on the White House Music Hall grounds is Sideout Volleybar. It's opening May 5th at 2623 Keene Street. Here's the Facebook page and website:

https://www.facebook.com/sideoutvolleybar

http://www.sideoutvolleyballbar.com

33493635143_e6f628b77c_h.jpg

Sideout Valleybar by Marc longoria, on Flickr

33919756230_717f170a90_h.jpgSideout Valleybar by Marc longoria, on Flickr

• Like 4

On 4/27/2017 at 11:17 AM, Timoric said:

One more thing to add to the list, contributed by the neighbors.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/209130/would_you_believe_get_smarts_cone_of_silence_is_real.html

209130-pizza8075207ipod_original.jpg

It looks like outdoor shows have to end by 10PM. At least last night's did (might be later for Fri/Sat shows).

As someone who had to work the next day, it was nice to enjoy a show (on a beautiful evening, BTW) and still be home by 10:15.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Oui Eats. Located near the Volleybar:

Image may contain: tree, sky, table and outdoor

Image may contain: sky, tree, plant and outdoor

(These photos may have been posted before but figured I'd put them here just in case. These renderings were first released last year).

And here's the Volleybar opening in June:

http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2017/05/23/volleybar-near-white-oak-music-hall-sets-official.html?ana=RSS%26s%3Darticle_search#g1

• Like 7

Wow! How cool! Cant wait to check it all out....which, btw, one of my best friends is a guy name Micaiah Walker (formerly the lead singer of the band Versecity and now Polaroid Summer) and he plays White Oak Music Hall June 9th and i think everyone should go :) 

see ya there!

www.polaroidsummer.com 

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Tumbleweed_Tx said:

Cool! Micaiah and his dad Maston are old friends of mine, they played my first birthday jam at Reserve 101 a few years ago   :)

yeah they are the coolest!!! 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

well Micaiah's show was great and such a good crowd too! ...got to take quite a little walk over to the volleyball courts after the show and all the courts were full of people playing volleyball so that was fun to see. (i was thinking this was adjacent to the venue but its up the road a little ways but can be seen from WOMH)...

and then just saw this news item on Houston Press website:

http://www.houstonpress.com/news/northside-neighbors-sue-houston-over-white-oak-music-halls-noise-9523012

everyone is so different so i am sure there have to be some residents who love that this area is establishing cool places to hang and watch music... but not these folks apparently...

good luck to WOMH! hope there is a way to make (almost) everyone happy

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

That curtain wall entry way thing into the outdoor food court is aesthetically neat, however, it's facing northeast so it will do nothing real. it would be better served to have a wall on the southwest corner to create a little shade from the hot summer sun. I guess they have trees for that, and it'll probably be more of an after the sun goes down type of place anyway.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, CrockpotandGravel said:

W2 Development Partners, the group involved with Little White Oak Real Estate, that's behind the White Oak Music Hall development scooped up this property recently at 2702 N Main:

A3jufjT.jpg

i3F9Dm3.jpg

From Loopnet (archive link)
http://www.loopnet.com/Listing/20000224/2702-N-Main-St-Houston-TX/

Lot Size: 16,104 SF

No idea what they have planned for this site.

Rumor is a restaurant.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

• 3 months later...
On 6/27/2017 at 3:18 AM, CrockpotandGravel said:

More renderings of Oui Eats or Oui Eat at Little White Oak (2645 N Main), part of the White Oak Music Hall development

Pictures from Loopnet:

PhAV2IE.jpg

hQhJJAD.jpg

taD83Gd.jpg

Additional renderings here in the forum.

They have leasing signs on that property now with this Oui Eats rendering across the board along with OUI EATS in bold letters. I'll see if I can snap a photo.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, j_cuevas713 said:

Woah wait so White Oak got shut down?

No its not shut down. I went to a concert last night there. Its actually doing pretty well. The venue is great and I think has a great future ahead. They are still having problems with the outdoor venue though. NIMBY's have been pushing back claiming that the noise from the outdoor venue would adversely impact their "community". The lawsuits seem frivolous anyway. White Oak already is built, got through permitting etc... and its only now that they care. If they actually cared they would have been there during the design phase. This venue actually wants to do something for the community.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Luminare said:

No its not shut down. I went to a concert last night there. Its actually doing pretty well. The venue is great and I think has a great future ahead. They are still having problems with the outdoor venue though. NIMBY's have been pushing back claiming that the noise from the outdoor venue would adversely impact their "community". The lawsuits seem frivolous anyway. White Oak already is built, got through permitting etc... and its only now that they care. If they actually cared they would have been there during the design phase. This venue actually wants to do something for the community.

I don't think so. They want to make money for themselves, regardless of how many lives they interrupt or destroy with late hours music that can be heard several miles away. If they cared about the neighborhood, they would close the outdoor venue and ensure that anyone within 2 miles could go to bed during a concert and go to sleep without incessant bass keeping them awake. This is an awful place for a music venue.