Sign in to follow this  
nativehoustonion

Strip Center NE Corner of Richmond And Kirby

Went to Little Pappasitos of Richmond and Kirby and they said they lost there lease.  Walked to Office Depot and Supercuts they said the whole lot will be torn down!  They just have till the end of the year.  Urbannizer or Subdue have you heard anything?

cloud713    3543

seems like we heard something about this a little while back in another thread.. a mixed use development is supposed to go here i thought? or maybe we were just speculating. i think it might of been discussed in The Kirby Collection thread?

Edited by cloud713

lockmat    1860

seems like we heard something about this a little while back in another thread.. a mixed use development is supposed to go here i thought? or maybe we were just speculating. i think it might of been discussed in The Kirby Collection thread?

A brochure for the sale of the property was posted in another thread a few months ago.

JWW    7

Yep, this 3.7 something acre site has already been under contract for a bit, now. Dean Patrinely - Patrinely Group - has the entire site tied up. For redevelopment. Residential, no surprise. Over 200$/ft.

Avossos    904

Yep, this 3.7 something acre site has already been under contract for a bit, now. Dean Patrinely - Patrinely Group - has the entire site tied up. For redevelopment. Residential, no surprise. Over 200$/ft.

Residential as in a high rise?

The Pragmatist    379

I liked luna pizzeria and little pappasito's

Luna is some tasty stuff. Echoing the sentiment above, I just hope some of these places can relocate nearby.  :unsure:

Ctaf    39

I love that lil pappasitos, and it was converted from an old gas station, at least that's what I was told

Would the university line go past this location, if built?

Edited by Ctaf
  • Like 1

swtsig    2165

Pappasitos, Luna, fat bao, sushi king... All popular spots and pappasitos, Luna and bao are all awesome. Really hope they find spaces nearby.

Naviguessor    1219

Ha. Was never much of a sushi king fan either, swtsig.

At least there are several mixed use projects with retail u/c or planned in the immediate vicinity. Kirby Collection, Levy Park, West Ave Phase III, and maybe the those office building around the corner of 59 & Kirby. Wasn't there also a large project at the SW corner of Shepherd & W.Alabama discussed some time ago?

Slick Vik    444

Yes we need to add bike lanes and the university line, those two things would help a lot. If there are alternatives and people still insist on driving oh well deal with the consequences.

cloud713    3543

Unfortunately the University Line won't be coming down this far.. Culberson is forcing it to turn south off Richmond/out of his district before Shepherd.. Assuming it ever sees the light of day.

So this will likely be more mid-rise apartments/maybe a west ave style development? I was hoping for a mixed use with high-rises. Lol

Ross    637

Yes we need to add bike lanes and the university line, those two things would help a lot. If there are alternatives and people still insist on driving oh well deal with the consequences.

No, we don't. It's far easier to get around by car when those pesky rail lines aren't using up valuable road space.

• Like 1

Metro West    14

People who use bike lanes in car oriented urban environments need to be placed in institutions where they are no longer a threat to public safety or to themselves. Driving in Houston without killing anyone is hard enough!

Edited by Metro West

cloud713    3543

Eh?  Pretty sure it goes out on Richmond through here before cutting south west of Greenway plaza... or am I lost?

well that was the plan after '08 or whenever the Afton Oaks debacle was. but a few months ago Culberson said federal funding wouldnt be allowed for light rail ANYWHERE in his district. which includes parts of both the University Line and the Uptown Line.. Richmond west of Shepherd, and Post Oak. unless they move forward with a BRT system down that same path on Richmond before crossing at Cummins then its looking like METRO will be forced to cross 59 east of Shepherd and run the light rail along their Westpark ROW for most of the way.

People who use bike lanes in car oriented urban environments need to be placed in institutions where they are no longer a threat to public safety or to themselves. Driving in Houston without killing anyone is hard enough!

i cant tell if you are being facetious or if you are serious. unfortunately i think you are serious, in which case i cant disagree more. if more people rode bikes instead of cluttering the streets with one person in a giant 2 ton vehicle, then maybe traffic (and pollution) wouldnt be such a madhouse in this city and it wouldnt be so dangerous to navigate on foot or on bike. you are advocating for less people walk/bike and more people drive? ughh.. as for being a threat to public safety.. you have that all backwards. its the vehicles who are a threat to public safety of the bicyclists..

HoustonIsHome    1174

When I talked about congession I was actually taking about kirby itself, but Richmond. Didn't mean to spark a rail on Richmond vs Culberson debate.

In addition to upgrades for Richmond, kirby needs help too.