• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://swamplot.com/gazing-down-upon-the-arborial-carnage-at-tema-developments-worksite-just-north-of-hermann-park/2014-12-16/

Could someone from here possibly go over to whoever puts stuff on swamplot and give them a firm slap across the face?

Seriously what's with all the tree clickbait articles? I understand the ROW stuff, but this is on their property! UGH!

Thank you Luminare. They act like these pine trees on the developer's property are the last ones on earth and that it's some fragile ecosystem they are damaging. Trying to rally the townsfolk and get more ad revenue I guess (to keep them on the roll of the Oak tress that have been cut down on the right of way).

I think that's overstating it just a little....that certainly wasn't my impression of that article.

Avossos is correct about how those trees were mature and majestic, and they compliment the area very well. Not saying that the building should or shouldn't be built at this location or anything, just that it's sad to see them go. And I hate hearing people feel like they have to start a thought with "not that I'm a treehugger or anything..."

I think that's overstating it just a little....that certainly wasn't my impression of that article.

Avosss is correct about how those trees were mature and majestic, and they compliment the area very well. Not saying that the building should or shouldn't be built at this location or anything, just that it's sad to see them go. And I hate hearing people feel like they have to start a thought with "not that I'm a treehugger or anything..."

I am actually a huge tree / nature lover. Trees can make all the difference in an urban setting as well.

Those trees were special.

In my opinion the Swamplot articles, post, and stories have been on a steady decline. They post things that have nothing to do with real estate, they post old news, they miss out on real estate news and developments that I think should be included. Just not how the old Swamplot use to be.

In my opinion the Swamplot articles, post, and stories have been on a steady decline. They post things that have nothing to do with real estate, they post old news, they miss out on real estate news and developments that I think should be included. Just not how the old Swamplot use to be.

It seems to be part of an epidemic with "news" organizations/publications in general these days.

It seems to be part of an epidemic with "news" organizations/publications in general these days.

It's because of social media. Because we can now share anything to the entire planet with something as small as the palm of our hand, there's no more use for not only physical newspapers, but online as well.

Cosign.  I used to visit Swamplot and HAIF in equal measure.  Swamplot really went downhill after they changed their site layout last year.  Now, I'll go 2-3 weeks without checking in and still won't miss anything of consequence.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

A sign is up with the new name... Capella Museum District. Could someone who knows how to do these things change the name of the thread? Unfortunately my attempt at a high-speed drive-by photo didn't work out very well, but I'll get another one tomorrow.

A sign is up with the new name... Capella Museum District. Could someone who knows how to do these things change the name of the thread? Unfortunately my attempt at a high-speed drive-by photo didn't work out very well, but I'll get another one tomorrow.

Clint Capella has shown some potential, but it's a little early to be naming buildings after him.

Archived