The Ambassador At Post Oak: Condominiums At 5050 Ambassador Wy.

lockmat

On 9/6/2013 at 9:37 PM, lockmat said:

5050 Ambassador Way, just southwest of BLVD Place, is being marketed by HFF. Probably a really good site for a residential highrise.

This site is now under contract per hfflp's website. Here's hoping it's a highrise and breaks ground soon ;)

https://www.hfflp.com/PropertiesOnMarket/PropertySearchResults.aspx?MSA=Houston,%20TX

it will be m/f highrise - 23 stories, local developer

I had heard Hanover was considering building the tower they had designed prior to the recession. I haven't heard however if they decided to move forward with it or not.

I had heard Hanover was considering building the tower they had designed prior to the recession. I haven't heard however if they decided to move forward with it or not.

But this is a site totally different any on BLVD Place, unless your comment is not related to swtsig's.

Besides the Hanover tower under construction and Apache's two towers, there are still two other towers planned for BLVD Place.

But this is a site totally different any on BLVD Place, unless your comment is not related to swtsig's.

Besides the Hanover tower under construction and Apache's two towers, there are still two other towers planned for BLVD Place.

The construction happening/planned for Post Oak is incredible. Besides the 6 sites you mentioned above, there is the proposed BBVA Phase 2 Perenial, and the 50 story tower rumored in front of the Cosmo, as well as Astoria, BHP, and Belfiore are all under construction in the area. A total of 12 new towers in just a few years. Things are going to be so different in 3-4 years!

Besides the Hanover tower under construction and Apache's two towers, there are still two other towers planned for BLVD Place.

You mean 3 more towers for BLVD Place, in addition to 2 Apaches and Hanover, right? The site plans showed 6 towers last I checked/has shown 6 tower footprints since like 2012/2013 I believe.

the plans call for 1,000 residential units, 275 hotel rooms, 1.4 million sq ft of office space, and over 200,000 sq ft of retail.

http://www.blvdplace.com/Retail-ProjectPlans.htm

http://www.blvdplace.com/Location-Facts.htm

You mean 3 more towers for BLVD Place, in addition to 2 Apaches and Hanover, right? The site plans showed 6 towers last I checked/has shown 6 tower footprints since like 2012/2013 I believe.

oops, you're right

The construction happening/planned for Post Oak is incredible. Besides the 6 sites you mentioned above, there is the proposed BBVA Phase 2 Perenial, and the 50 story tower rumored in front of the Cosmo, as well as Astoria, BHP, and Belfiore are all under construction in the area. A total of 12 new towers in just a few years. Things are going to be so different in 3-4 years!

More reason to build the Uptown line.

^ This. Downtown has a grid system. Uptown very much lacks one. Crazy to think what traffic may be like if we dont start looking at it now.

Agreed. Except this sucky thing is.....they have been looking at it......for years. And still no rail....

• 4 months later...

Well, shucks. I suppose I am part of the Fresh Market's problem. I like their cold sandwiches and cheap, quality coffee. However, I do not do my primary grocery shopping there. Still, the store has the most pleasant aroma when I walk in. I will enjoy it while it lasts.

to be too hard on yourself, man... that's what everyone does. but with WF opening up i just don't see any way FM can stay afloat.

There's a big shortage of single family inventory. Master planned development can be phased in over many years. There is a lot of highrise MF to be absorbed.

this. there's been a shift in the equity markets away from mf for exactly that reason... a lot of the major players want to see how the market absorbs all these units.

granted this obviously doesn't mean that no new mf will be announced or built but i can name several projects that were in the pipeline that are either being delayed or scratched.

this. there's been a shift in the equity markets away from mf for exactly that reason... a lot of the major players want to see how the market absorbs all these units.

granted this obviously doesn't mean that no new mf will be announced or built but i can name several projects that were in the pipeline that are either being delayed or scratched.

So what are the projects being delayed or scratched ?

I am no hippie, but I just keep thinking of our sprawl and how nature is being forced farther and farther away.

Archived