Alexan Downtown: Multifamily At 1414 Texas Ave.

downtownian

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This corner is going to be pretty cool. It looks like both Catalyst and Alexan are putting GFR in right at the corners with awnings covering the sidewalks.

Since someone here already jinxed things, it will be perfect for some good weather in October during the World Series.

• Like 9

This was one of the  other buildings that I went by tonight and I really like the mix of red and dark colored brick with the limestone. Its a nice contrast. I'm glad they used a different colored brick than the other buildings surrounding Minute Maid. The glazing seems very natural and I think that this will fit in so well with the other new neighbors to Minute Maid. 

In memory of Tal's Hill a longtime fixture in Minute Maid's outfield Field, that was excavated last offseason, and since this is the location of one of the original neighborhoods in downtown,  it should and will be known as Society Hill, It's original name. I found some interesting small objects from the past on the site after the archeological digs and before they started  construction on Enron Stadium.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, hindesky said:

Brick looks finished on the north side.

XYMxnqF.jpg

Hindesky, if archiving the present building cycle was a country, you would be king. Really appreciate all the work you do for this forum, and on a weekly basis.

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Tower crane is coming down this weekend. This will leave only 9 left up in downtown.

Friday, July 21 (6 pm) – Monday, July 24 (5 am) 
Complete continuous closure of the 600 block of La Branch (between Texas and Capitol) for crane dismantlement.

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
1 hour ago, Timoric said:

So now that Downtown Living Initiative is bringing lots of the 10K units on-line, anyone know the population of Downtown Houston? And aren't we due at least one more tower - was it Trammell Crow that got an extension?

Just a Back of the envelope estimate:  I'd say right around 7,500.

10 minutes ago, Houston19514 said:

Just a Back of the envelope estimate:  I'd say right around 7,500.

https://www.bisnow.com/houston/news/multifamily/downtown-crossed-8000-residents-in-april-88131

Downtown Houston now has more than 8,000 residents, a big leap from 3,800 in 2013 when the Downtown Living Initiative first tackled residential need in the central business district, and that number is increasing monthly.

1 hour ago, Timoric said:

So now that Downtown Living Initiative is bringing lots of the 10K units on-line, anyone know the population of Downtown Houston? And aren't we due at least one more tower - was it Trammell Crow that got an extension?

Multifamily Occupancy Up Sharply in Downtown Houston

HOUSTON – (Realty News Report) – Downtown Houston has more than 8,000 residents, up from 3,800 in 2012 when the city began its Downtown Living Initiative, according to a new report by the Central Houston organization.

The multifamily market in Downtown Houston registered an 11 percent gain in occupancy over the last year, hitting 70 percent occupancy, said Central Houston.

Some 600 units are under construction, including the 271-unit $132 million high-rise project by Camden and the $54 million 229-unit Regalia at the Park by DLC Residential at 100 Crawford. Another 1,179 units are proposed in downtown.

Multifamily construction is picking up again across Houston. Thirty-eight apartment communities, with a total of 10,207 units are under construction currently. Another 65 multifamily projects, with 18,238 units are proposed, according to Transwestern’s second quarter report.

The citywide occupancy rate is 89,9 percent, Transwestern reported.

Aug. 6, 2018 Realty News Report Copyright 2018

http://realtynewsreport.com/2018/08/06/multifamily-occupancy-up-sharply-in-downtown-houston/

I think a big reason why the Catalyst is filling up is because of the insane concessions they are making on rent.  A coworker of mine just moved in there and got 3 months free on a 1 year lease, making it a good value.  But she said she'll move out after the year because the normal market rent is more than she's willing to pay.