Montrose1100

Chase Tower Lights

9 posts in this topic

Are there new lights ontop of the Chase Tower? They look like the usual Christmas bulbs they have but more streamlined. I could have sworn they changed color but they seem dim.

1 person likes this

That's funny. I thought the same thing tonight when I was coming home from Ninfas on Navigation.

Was driving 45s bound from 610 north last night, and notice a strip of white lights and a bigger blue light on top of Chase tower. My eyes are bad, but I thought they finally put the Chase logo on the top.....they were just regular bulbs. Wishful thinking 

1 person likes this

On August 7, 2016 at 10:59 AM, MarkHouston said:

Was driving 45s bound from 610 north last night, and notice a strip of white lights and a bigger blue light on top of Chase tower. My eyes are bad, but I thought they finally put the Chase logo on the top.....they were just regular bulbs. Wishful thinking 

I saw it myself the other night on the drive in from 45. Not sure what is going on. 

1 person likes this

I am sad that I don't get to see these things you all talk about now that I've moved from the east side to near Cypress. The only view of downtown I get to see now is when I'm taking 249 to Beltway 8 east, and then I can barely make out an image similar to the opening of Gilligan's Island lol. Been here 6 years and having a massive downtown withdrawal. I will take that trip down there and make it an all day trip so I can visit each building, hug it and give it a big ol' slippery kiss. :P

The Chase Tower has finally replaced the old Christmas lights with some nice bright LED lights. It looks so much better! I will try to post a pic. 

2 people like this

Nice shot, cfewell22! Is that 609 Main going up in lights, as well? I really need to get down there and see the construction process in person. The webcam every hour just don't cut it. Thanks for posting!