Master Community Planned For Bryan-College Station

citykid09

BRYAN COLLEGE STATION - ATLAS is the first and only master planned community in Texas designed for companies engaged in the manufacturing of biologics and pharmaceuticals.

An extension of the famed Traditions Club and Community, Atlas is located adjacent to the Texas A&M Health Science Center campus and less than two miles from the main campus of Texas A&M University, ATLAS offers a prime location for a planned community with an amenity-rich lifestyle, employment opportunities and unparalleled access to world-class researchers and students. ATLAS provides the ideal collaborative atmosphere companies need to attract and retain this world-class talent.

http://www.kbtx.com/home/headlines/New-MPC-Announced-at-Heart-of-Texas-Booming-Biocorridor-in-BryanCollege-Station-256597641.html

Details Announced of ATLAS Biocorridor Development

The first and only master planned community in Texas designed for biotech and pharmaceutical companies will be located on the west side of Bryan and College Station.
The group that owns The Traditions Club has announced development plans for 1,000 acres to the south of the golf course and the Texas A&M Health Science Center.

http://wtaw.com/2014/04/25/details-announced-of-atlas-biocorridor-development/

Cool.

Read the comments from the people up there - they're against it!!!!!!  Wow.  Amazing.  A "high tech" job center in a town without a real defined core or business district and good jobs too, high end jobs.

Don't want their town to look like Houston... perhaps they should vote out A&M since that's the ONLY reason those companies (of any kind) are locating there.

Cool.

Read the comments from the people up there - they're against it!!!!!!  Wow.  Amazing.  A "high tech" job center in a town without a real defined core or business district and good jobs too, high end jobs.

Don't want their town to look like Houston... perhaps they should vote out A&M since that's the ONLY reason those companies (of any kind) are locating there.

It's not so much wholly against it, some people are commenting on KBTX's shoddy reporting, complaining why when Bryan gets something good, it's "Bryan-College Station" and College Station getting something is "College Station" (which isn't always true, Atlas sits on the border), and people who resist the "Houstonization" of the area.

The last part isn't a wholly invalid complaint, some folks like the smaller/mid town atmosphere, but let's face it--as long as Houston keeps growing, it's going to be pulled into Houston's orbit, so to speak--Austin has gained enormous influence over the Interstate 35 corridor, and these trends are going to continue long before sprawl takes over.

I see this as a good thing. Although the "town center" area will be mostly withing Bryan city limits, I see this as being like a new downtown for both cities. To me it is kind of far from the core of BCS and I think many people from out of town might not know its there or how to get to it. I guess HWY 47 will be like our new west bypass and eventually become a loop with HWY 6. 2818 will become part of the middle of the two cities.

• 2 weeks later...

The Biocorridor has been on my radar for awhile now. I remember seeing docs and meeting minutes online of the planning committee discussing this. It is going to happen! Mark my words on that. A&M is heavily pushing this. The only people that don't like it are the people that still think College Station is a small backwater town.....which it definitely isn't anymore. College Station has actually become the leader in terms of Urban design (or at least in the planning side of it) in the state of texas and are damn serious about it. I mean think about it. College station will be the only place in Texas that has this kind activity. It's amazing. The only thing that I hope is that they stick to the plan and really make this a true urban core. That gives that city 3 awesome cores to work from: Biocorridor, Medical Corridor, and A&M/Northgate. Exciting time to be an Aggie for sure :)

• 2 months later...

Yes, that area is very close to Atlas/bio-corridor. It will be very interesting to watch grow, very exciting.

By the way, thanks so much for providing pictures. I used to update with pics quite a bit a few years back, and a few of your posts remind me to post some pics stuck on my computer that I neglected to upload.I'm pretty sure you can post the full size pic and it will auto-resize.

• The title was changed to Master Community Planned For Bryan-College Station

Archived