Tinsley On The Park: Multifamily At 919 Gillette St.

zstrater86

Wait, seriously..?? Two 30 story towers on Allen Parkway linked to buffalo bayou park with a pedestrian bridge? Ugh.. I didn't even realize you could link developments to a public park like that. Why has no one else tried to do that before?

My hope here is that Alliance had an even better plan than the 30 story towers, not some basic apartment wrap like they usually throw up. Have they ever done anything other than mid rise apartment complexes?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could have have been a 30 story office building, a 30 story residential high-rise, and retail. Thanks City ofHouston for another 5 story apartment building.

http://houston.culturemap.com/news/real-estate/08-08-14-the-367000-question-why-did-the-city-reject-houston-developers-higher-bid-for-prime-allen-parkway-property/

Ugh.. This could be the biggest blunder of this building cycle..

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

That's fairly big. It would have to be more than mid-rise to fit all those units.

Unless they're all small.

I'll use Sawyer Heights for comparison. The Building's foot print is roughly half the size of the entire lot, and they have 326 units, including two outdoor courtyards, parking garage, and storage units. Pretty small units (studio size), to medium and big units. So, if they build on half the lot it could be a 10-14 story building. If they build on the entire lot it could be 4-7 floors.

Just a rough guess. Although it would be cool to get something like this http://ny.curbed.com/places/625-west-57th-street. One can dream.

• 3 months later...

http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2015/06/10/city-sells-prime-piece-of-real-estate-near-buffalo.html

Alliance Residential Co. purchased a 10.5-acre parcel — located at Gillette and West Dallas streets, just south of Allen Parkway — from the city of Houston for $39.9 million. The transaction closed April 27.

At closing time, Alliance executed a back-to-back transaction, selling the northern 6 acres fronting Allen Parkway to a private investor, whose identity was not disclosed. Alliance has retained the southern 4.5 acres to develop a new Broadstone-branded luxury apartment project.

Alliance plans to break ground on Broadstone Tinsley Park, a four-story, 395-unit apartment project, later this year in spite of the oil slump.

Lol that's what I was hoping too Fortune. I love his idea to connect the development to the park by a pedestrian bridge, and of course the 30 story buildings impact to help with what could become a future Buffalo Bayou high rise corridor.

After hearing that the largest apartment complexes in the city are just north of Hobby Airport and have 1-2,000 units each, size doesn't matter anymore. So much more could have been done with this besides a 4-story wrap.

It could be the largest 4 story wrap in Texas

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived