Natasha Barrett replacing Uchida as weekend anchor for Ch. 13

Blue Dogs

FishbowlIDC and Mike McGuff both reported that Natasha Barrett is going to be the new weekend anchor for Ch. 13 Eyewitness News' weekend newscasts, replacing Adela Uchida, who left in mid January to work for News FM 92 KROI Houston.

http://mikemcguff.blogspot.com/2014/04/natasha-barrett-ktrk-abc13-wjla.html

http://www.mediabistro.com/fishbowldc/wjlas-natasha-barrett-leaving-for-hometown-abc-affiliate_b124277

Your reaction to Barrett coming back to the Lone Star State?

FishbowlIDC and Mike McGuff both reported that Natasha Barrett is going to be the new weekend anchor for Ch. 13 Eyewitness News' weekend newscasts, replacing Adela Uchida, who left in mid January to work for News FM 92 KROI Houston.

http://mikemcguff.blogspot.com/2014/04/natasha-barrett-ktrk-abc13-wjla.html

http://www.mediabistro.com/fishbowldc/wjlas-natasha-barrett-leaving-for-hometown-abc-affiliate_b124277

Your reaction to Barrett coming back to the Lone Star State?

She's been the noon anchor this week....

HoustonMidtown, I know that but she also could be doing the weekend newscasts with Tom Abrams.

Speaking of weekend newscasts, I've noticed they took off David Nuno from the weekend morning newscasts opens, what's going on?

• 1 month later...

I guess I'll be getting my news somewhere else then.  I have honestly tried to watch her but she does not seem very "put together", at least not enough to be in the anchor seat.

She should look to Melanie Lawson or Ilona Carson for wardrobe tips.   Honestly, Barrett looks like she's ready to go bar hopping with friends.  She's clearly not 25 so why try to act it?

I've been a 13 watcher since the early 70s but when she comes on, I am compelled to change channels.  I will continue to watch Tom and Don in the mornings though.

I guess I'll be getting my news somewhere else then.  I have honestly tried to watch her but she does not seem very "put together", at least not enough to be in the anchor seat.

She should look to Melanie Lawson or Ilona Carson for wardrobe tips.   Honestly, Barrett looks like she's ready to go bar hopping with friends.  She's clearly not 25 so why try to act it?

I've been a 13 watcher since the early 70s but when she comes on, I am compelled to change channels.  I will continue to watch Tom and Don in the mornings though.

I feel the same way about Ms Barrett's appearance. The men on the news set are wearing coats and ties -- she should wear something that's business-appropriate and not a sleeveless knit top.

We'll see if the management of KTRK Ch 13 sits Barrett down and tell her to dress business like.

I'm curious as to this statement.  Do you think the station has heard or read of comments such as ours?  Is Barrett the subject of other blogs or forums?

And I do have to agree with your wife, her hair needs something, I'm just not sure what.  Maybe her extensions are too long. 

I remember when Shara Fryer was in the anchor seat, there was an article in the paper on her and her clothes.  She told the reporter that she often would only concentrate on her outfit from the waist up, meaning blouses and jackets, that the viewing public never saw her from the waist down.  That meant that she could buy the "top" part of an outfit sold as separates, saving money.  Back then, the anchors sat all the time whereas now, we do see them standing by the screens in some stories.   I liked her and hated to see her leave.

I might add that when I'm away from Houston, I'm in the Austin viewing area and I can't think of any of the women anchors on Austin stations who would compare to Barrett.  Maybe Ch.13 thinks they need on air ladies to compete with the blonds on 11.

• 9 months later...

Wow, what channel have you all been watching? I am very impressed with Natasha Barrett. Not only does she handle anchoring duties very well, she has major chops as a reporter. It seems there might be some personal issues going on here, possibly because she is immensely attractive. So, that's the first thing critics discuss or dissect in this case. What is this the 70's?

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, what channel have you all been watching? I am very impressed with Natasha Barrett. Not only does she handle anchoring duties very well, she has major chops as a reporter. It seems there might be some personal issues going on here, possibly because she is immensely attractive. So, that's the first thing critics discuss or dissect in this case. What is this the 70's?

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL!!!!!!!!!

• 6 months later...

Archived