Walmart - Fort Totten Square - Washington DC

Check out the new Urban Walmart.

http://washingtondc.walmartcommunity.com/walmart-announces-new-stores-at-skyland-fort-totten-square/

oi92ko.png

nla15u.jpg

I doubt the people working there could afford to live in the apartments above. Which is a shame. Even if Houston had a Walmart going up like this I would still not shop there. Just thought it looked cool.

Interesting.  That's a Wal Mart and not a Supercenter right?  If so this may be Wal Mart's next move into urban areas.  Goodness knows they have the money to do this - all over!  Of course where in Houston would one really expect to find this?

I doubt the people working there could afford to live in the apartments above. Which is a shame. Even if Houston had a Walmart going up like this I would still not shop there. Just thought it looked cool.

That's kind of the rub with "walkable urbanism". Great idea in concept, but generally ends up pricing out the middle and lower class.

I wonder why one rendering says "Coffee Shop" and one says "Starbucks"? Which rendering came first?

Having a Starbucks in a Walmart is surprising but hardly unique (others: Target, Meijer, anything owned by Safeway, Albertsons, the late Great Indoors)

• The title was changed to Walmart - Fort Totten Square - Washington DC

Archived