East End Townhome Developments

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Haha if you google that address it used to be a towing company

Metro Auto Storage - 23 Reviews - Towing - 1733 Ennis St, EaDo...

When I realized my car was towed I was able to quickly get a hold of Metro and they were efficient over the phone. ... Metro Auto Storage towed a vehicle I used to own and transferred to a relative way back in September 2015. ... The wrecker that made it to the scene first named Richard ...

Rating: 1 1/2 stars

8 hours ago, HNathoo said:

Yeah, I'd say the land probably runs about 50% less in eado. It's tough to make townhomes work with dirt over $60psf. 

The lots east of dowling seem to be selling for prices good for townhomes, whereas those west of it are getting priced out from what I can see. Seems like there will be a clear distinction between the residential and commercial parts of eado. Of course, there will be some interspersing.

1 hour ago, Sanjorade said:

The lots east of dowling seem to be selling for prices good for townhomes, whereas those west of it are getting priced out from what I can see. Seems like there will be a clear distinction between the residential and commercial parts of eado. Of course, there will be some interspersing.

East of Dowling has to meet city parking requirements, whereas west of Dowling is classified as CBD. This really changes the economics for commercial development, and justifies the price differential.

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, j_cuevas713 said:

I actually love how all these blocks are being filled with these townhomes. When you see block after block of nice townhomes, it creates a nice street presence. 

I agree. Call it boring, but it's nice to see developers take down entire blocks in this part of town. It's looks pretty sharp relative to the heights.

The land over by those old grain silos was empty anyway.

The townhomes near Jensen off of Kennedy street are going to be very hot.

You've got direct access to buffalo bayou hike/bike, you've got great views of downtown, you've got decent access to Houston freeways (as good as the Heights anyway).

• 11 months later...
  • The title was changed to East End Townhome Developments

Archived