East End Townhome Developments

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm all for the redevelopment.

But are we losing an opportunity to restore the Bayou and make it a park for ALL to use?

They have redone all the hiking/biking trails along that part of the bayou recently....on the diagram there is a big "Buffalo Bayou Partnership Park" shown....they are currently redoing the park area just to the west of this area....I'd say they heard your wishes...

They have redone all the hiking/biking trails along that part of the bayou recently....on the diagram there is a big "Buffalo Bayou Partnership Park" shown....they are currently redoing the park area just to the west of this area....I'd say they heard your wishes...

Not quite.

If you look at the BBP's original master plan, the east section of the bayou had a far grander plan for restoration:

http://www.buffalobayou.org/pdf/East_Sector.pdf

Taking the first section of the maps above from The Buffalo Bayou plan can someone overlay where this proposed 73 unit townhome

Community will be. I'm not exactly sure where this is. Hopefully it is in the area that they had shown as housing.

Thanks.

Bobruss.  The 73 townhomes will roughly be where "Live Oak Place" is located.  That conceptual plan by BBP is from 2002.  It would be amazing if the whole bayou could be "restored" like the concept.  But...let's be realistic. That is mostly private commercial/industrial property.  Some of it will be converted to public green space, like where is Silos are.  But,unless, whole hell of a lot of money as added to the BBP partnership's budget the entirety of the concept cannot expected to come true.  At least not in the foreseeable future anway. 

DNA - Have you been over to the Bayou around there?  It is really nice.  BBP has been working on it for a long time and continues to do so. 

bigger article on chron:

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/real-estate/article/Townhome-project-slated-for-transitioning-5909967.php

Good exposure for the area, it validates what people who live in the area have been saying for years, and may make some of the people who are more timid about the area decide to give it a shot, and if not give it a shot, at least not dismiss it immediately based on their preconceived notions based on no real information.

Bobruss.  The 73 townhomes will roughly be where "Live Oak Place" is located.  That conceptual plan by BBP is from 2002.  It would be amazing if the whole bayou could be "restored" like the concept.  But...let's be realistic. That is mostly private commercial/industrial property.  Some of it will be converted to public green space, like where is Silos are.  But,unless, whole hell of a lot of money as added to the BBP partnership's budget the entirety of the concept cannot expected to come true.  At least not in the foreseeable future anway. 

DNA - Have you been over to the Bayou around there?  It is really nice.  BBP has been working on it for a long time and continues to do so. 

Navi, you called me out.

I haven't been there since roughly 2009-2010 when I would ride my bike on Navigation and Clinton to satisfy my deathwish / avoid high gas prices.

Man that seems like an eternity ago. 

Well, I will take the long way home one day and check this out then. Challenge accepted.

Navi, you called me out.

I haven't been there since roughly 2009-2010 when I would ride my bike on Navigation and Clinton to satisfy my deathwish / avoid high gas prices.

Man that seems like an eternity ago. 

Well, I will take the long way home one day and check this out then. Challenge accepted.

I think you will be nicely surprised....I just found the area about a year ago when I moved to the area and was riding my bike around....I stumbled upon the bike trails which were, at the time, nicer than the ones west of downtown...they have been moving dirt around for quite a while, nice to see them making progress.  

• 4 months later...

Based on the map in the biz journal article it looks like these town homes will straddle Nagle, and BBP will create a new Park at the site of the Silos. The silos could be a great element to build a park around and be a solid anchor point on the east side. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

They are moving a lot of dirt around....the sales office for Perry is now in place also...

Old foundation pieces ?

xq0eJJY.jpg

Land being cleared around the silos -- the area directly around the silos is barricaded 

ZuoZFBa.jpg

Image of the town homes that will be built

vRYqD7e.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived