Pearl Marketplace At Midtown: Multifamily At 3120 Smith St.

DrLan34

Correct. WF will have its own dedicated underground parking if I'm not mistaken.

awesome! thanks for the information.

Cool deal for Pearl. I like the mixed use grocery concept. I'd love to see some renderings. will be interesting how this is designed / imagined to work.

Correct. WF will have its own dedicated underground parking if I'm not mistaken.

In this old Swamplot article, they said the application for Pearl on Smith was withdrawn....is it still being built ?

http://swamplot.com/an-apartment-developers-new-midtown-pearls-are-missing/2014-05-13/

Edited by HoustonMidtown

As cool as this is for Midtown, it's a damn shame WFs isn't going to be on the light rail line and/or closer to downtown. Oh well, it's a step in the right direction!

We'll save that for an HEB... something more affordable.

• Like 1

Smith @ Elgin is pretty far from either station - its 4 blocks to main, and then another 4 blocks either way to get to a light rail station

oh wow 4 blocks....thats like...thats like 5-10 mins of walking! The horror!!!!

• Like 6

and Texans like to pretend to be tough.

The closest grocery store in Boston was about 10-12 blocks from my house and didn't even have parking. I walked in snow, ice, rain, wind, sun, heat, humidity, you name it.

That said, the walking environment there was so much nicer. Wide sidewalks. Clear crosswalks. Drivers that paid attention to pedestrians. Other people out on the streets. 

Walking in Houston outside of a few areas just isn't pleasant. Weather aside, you often deal with disappearing sidewalks, angry drivers, vacant blocks, potholes, trash, glass, odd-smelling puddles...

• Like 2

and Texans like to pretend to be tough.

The closest grocery store in Boston was about 10-12 blocks from my house and didn't even have parking. I walked in snow, ice, rain, wind, sun, heat, humidity, you name it.

That said, the walking environment there was so much nicer. Wide sidewalks. Clear crosswalks. Drivers that paid attention to pedestrians. Other people out on the streets. 

Walking in Houston outside of a few areas just isn't pleasant. Weather aside, you often deal with disappearing sidewalks, angry drivers, vacant blocks, potholes, trash, glass, odd-smelling puddles...

Posts like this depress me. Maybe someday we'll become civilized.

• Like 1