Cologne & London

Thanks for posting these.  I always enjoy travel photos. 

I was in Cologne over 25 years ago and the cathedral was clad in scaffolding then.  Preventative maintenance I suppose.

London is a city I've never actually wanted to visit but your photos illustrate that there's more to see than the palace and Big Ben.  It looks as if they have some very exciting and "different" architecture.  I wonder if a rocket shaped building would fly in Houston.

What is that building that looks like half a pill bug?

Thanks for posting these.  I always enjoy travel photos. 

I was in Cologne over 25 years ago and the cathedral was clad in scaffolding then.  Preventative maintenance I suppose.

London is a city I've never actually wanted to visit but your photos illustrate that there's more to see than the palace and Big Ben.  It looks as if they have some very exciting and "different" architecture.  I wonder if a rocket shaped building would fly in Houston.

What is that building that looks like half a pill bug?

The Cologne Cathedral is probably one of the longest on-going construction projects in the world. Around the clock they are working on it. The Scaffolding on the North Tower has been there since the first time I saw it in 1996.

London has some very interesting architecture. The Shard was recently completed and IMO it fits the city like a glove. The Half pill building is London's City Hall, designed by Foster & Partners.

Archived