Amegy Bank At 1717 West Loop S.

nolaboy

• 2 weeks later...

Hate to disagree, but if you look at the original renderings the total height of 24 floors seemed to include the crown. I counted a total of 21 habitable floors in the rendering. and I now count 21 completed floors. While nearby, I observed that the protruding rebars of the last floor are bent and interwoven 90 degrees. I'm no architect, but I've seen this enough to know it usually indicates the completion actual floor space. I hope I'm wrong, but that's how it appears to me.

• Like 1

^^^ then why on earth do they require such a GARGANTUAN parking garage for just a 21-story edifice?

talk about bizarre....

It just might have something to do with the transportation options in that area being pretty much limited to private vehicles on roads.  The bus network isn't particularly robust there.

Edited by mollusk
  • Like 2

Looks like it comes out as 24 floors with three within the crown.

The original renderings look more like 26 stories (counting the crown).

EDIT:  Cushman Wakefield is marketing the non-Amegy space. According to their marketing brochure, the building is 23 stories, plus a crown approximately equivalent to another 5 stories.

Edited by Houston19514
  • Like 2