Amegy Bank At 1717 West Loop S.

nolaboy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Although the rendering has yet to be released, I will echo what others have said on this forum. This will be the best looking building on the west loop, and is the dream team for Dev/architect/GC. I've been told from an anonymous source that the construction will commence the beginning of December. It will be an outstanding addition to the surrounding area.

• Like 4

I'm doubting this thing will be the "best building on the west loop"!  In fact I'm insulted to think that this proposed building would even challenge Transco/Williams for that honor.

When I think of this proposed building I imagine the Memorial Hermann Tower at Memorial City Mall.  That's what I see.  Hope I'm wrong.

• Like 1

Well, at 20 stories, it won't be even the tallest building on that side of the loop - unless it's like the Kingdom Tower in Jeddah and has a 100-meter spire on the top and a helipad/observation deck on the 20th floor.  :wub:

Then again, maybe they'll build a giant cut-out into the 15th level and stick a few palm trees into the space. That would certainly be unusual for this town.

Edited by toxtethogrady
  • Like 2

Williams tower is classic Hines and a timeless building, no one argues that. Amegy's building will be a very modern Hines development that aesthetically will be different than other buildings on the West Loop. I believe it will really stick out when heading southbound on 610, but again this is just my opinion.

• Like 2

I'm doubting this thing will be the "best building on the west loop"! In fact I'm insulted to think that this proposed building would even challenge Transco/Williams for that honor.

When I think of this proposed building I imagine the Memorial Hermann Tower at Memorial City Mall. That's what I see. Hope I'm wrong.

You must not be familiar with Hines or John Pickard.

• Like 2

Williams tower is classic Hines and a timeless building, no one argues that. Amegy's building will be a very modern Hines development that aesthetically will be different than other buildings on the West Loop. I believe it will really stick out when heading southbound on 610, but again this is just my opinion.

It will definitely have a great presence along the loop.

• Like 2

Although the rendering has yet to be released, I will echo what others have said on this forum. This will be the best looking building on the west loop, and is the dream team for Dev/architect/GC. I've been told from an anonymous source that the construction will commence the beginning of December. It will be an outstanding addition to the surrounding area.

Will it look something like this?

303738-Large.jpg

• Like 1

You must not be familiar with Hines or John Pickard.

I'm more than familiar with Hines' quality of work.  He built 90% of Houston's big architectural works, though not everything he's touched is gold.  The San Felipe Tower (also by Pickard Chilton) is an example of a design that is not very nice.  Nice enough for what it is, but not architectural beauty.  I'm expecting much of the same with this tower.

Bankers seldom make for grand design advocates.

I'm more worried that the build-up some are placing on this building will... make for a great disappointment when we all see this tower.  Unique doesn't translate into quality.

I guess we will have to adopt a "wait and see" approach and all hope that this thing is as nice of a design as some on here are saying it will be?

Edited by arche_757
  • Like 1

I'm more than familiar with Hines' quality of work.  He built 90% of Houston's big architectural works, though not everything he's touched is gold.  The San Felipe Tower (also by Pickard Chilton) is an example of a design that is not very nice.  Nice enough for what it is, but not architectural beauty.  I'm expecting much of the same with this tower.

Bankers seldom make for grand design advocates.

I'm more worried that the build-up some are placing on this building will... make for a great disappointment when we all see this tower.  Unique doesn't translate into quality.

I guess we will have to adopt a "wait and see" approach and all hope that this thing is as nice of a design as some on here are saying it will be?

What (and where) is the San Felipe Tower?

What (and where) is the San Felipe Tower?

http://blog.chron.com/primeproperty/2013/09/hines-to-break-ground-on-san-felipe-office-tower-in-60-days/

I was under the impression this was a Pickard Chilton design, with Ziegler Cooper serving as architect of record?  Is that not the case?

Either way - this is not a wonderful building.