Aspire Post Oak: Multifamily High-Rise At 1616 Post Oak Blvd.

Mab

Awesome video and great find! That is a prime spot so I wouldn't be surprised if this is going up in the next year or so(or sooner then that since it looks like the ad was put together 6 months or a year). I like the conceptual rendering that looks in the 60 story range but don't think we'd be getting anything like that!

• Like 1

damn.. poor Cosmopolitan.. first Five Oaks Place, now this.. they soon they wont have a view except for the narrow sides facing east and west.

i know its conceptual, but its neat to see them place a tall building like that on this plot. was this proposed as all office space?

The video really didn't say or give a hint on what it would be. My guess is mixed-use, thats the trend we have going on. Although its just for marketing purpose.

Edited by TowerSpotter
  • Like 2

damn.. poor Cosmopolitan.. first Five Oaks Place, now this.. they soon they wont have a view except for the narrow sides facing east and west.

i know its conceptual, but its neat to see them place a tall building like that on this plot. was this proposed as all office space?

That conceptual tower looks connected to The Cosmo, doesn't it? Sea strange.

Depending on the east/west width of this ghost tower, I think they could still have a decent view, at least from their balconies.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
A prime Galleria-area corner set amid new office towers, luxury apartment buildings and upscale shops, has hit the market, giving a developer the chance to rebuild yet another piece of this booming Uptown neighborhood.

The property, a small shopping center at the northwest corner of Post Oak Boulevard and San Felipe, is likely to be torn down and the site redeveloped into perhaps a multistory apartment complex or hotel.

Houston-based AmREIT has owned the property for almost 10 years and recently negotiated a lease termination with the last tenant in the center, allowing it to start marketing the site for redevelopment in 2015.

"We believe this site will be well received by prospective hotel and/or multifamily partners," H. Kerr Taylor said in a recent conference call to discuss the company's quarterly earnings.

The only occupant in the shopping center, called the Courtyard at Post Oak, is a Verizon store. The rest of the property, which formerly housed a Mexican restaurant and dessert shop are vacant.

The single-story center at 1616 Post Oak Blvd. includes about 14,000 square feet of retail space and sits on 1.59 acres.

HFF is marketing the property, but an asking price was not disclosed. AmREIT said it would like to create a joint venture with another firm to develop the site.

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/real-estate/article/Prime-Post-Oak-parcel-up-for-grabs-5267366.php#/2

• Like 1

Like I said earlier (but was mocked about "and cars will fly" which was funny) these one story strip centers and box stores are obsolete. The land values are dictating more dense use of the land.

Yes you are right that in due time strip centers and box stores will become obsolete in these high traffic, high concentration areas. The part that I found redundant and comical was the, "not sure when but it will happen" addition. In due time everything we want to happen in this city will, whether it be in our lifetime or 100-200 years plus.

This is certainly a very hot piece of property. I'm surprised Icon Bank/AT&T across the street was able to renovate and that property wasn't taken for better usage as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i have to give it to them, location wise.. it will be a perfect spot for an iconic new tower. the property lines up perfectly with the middle of Post Oak when you are heading north. not to mention it would balance out the Uptown Skyline w/ Williams Tower (if its ~60 stories or so like the conceptual renderings indicated a building could be)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

due to my employment, as per the fluor daniels corporation...  dubai, uae, just so happens to be the "port of entry" inward vs outward, as per our personnel working abroad, throughout the "theater of afghanistan".  therefore, i always have privilege vs honor, of being in dubai during their continuous vs stupendous growth upsurge.  

deyaar, emaar, damac, just to name a few of their respective luxury property developers, are very obviously spending untold sums as per their marketing programs alone.  i'm always having the opportunity to focus upon many of their marketing advertisements basically all over dubai vs the middle east.  (and i do mean everywhere).  many times, one just cannot tell for whom is leading at the moment.  they are always preparing to construct something or another, as well as alway's marketing their respective vs prospective venues.

many times, as i have traveled upon "sheik zayed rd" upon my quest to reach jumeirah beach, mall of the emirates, as well as the dubai mall, i cannot help but feel as though i am in some modern day middle eastern fantasy...  for this experience alone, tends to take one's breath away.  the entire panorama as per this part of this futuristic city, is simply amazing.

for those "haif" members that have longed to travel to dubai, uae,..  i for one, may only suggest that you please try to get there, for you would love it.  there is so very much to do.  all one has to bare in mind, is that, dubai is a modern day muslim country.  all they shall ask, as per any prospective tourist, is that they respect the religious aspects as per their country, vs their laws and customs.   i simply love dubai!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Sounds like the project may be 50-floors; we already have people against the project (and the BRT Line).

The catalyst for the creation of the PAC occurred when news surfaced that Houston-based AmREIT is proposing to construct a 50-story tower 2 feet from the property line of the Cosmopolitan high-rise at 1600 Post Oak Blvd., where Scarborough and some other members of the PAC live.

http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/blog/breaking-ground/2014/05/new-pac-opposes-transit-plan-on-post-oak-boulevard.html

• Like 2

Let me get this straight...

1) He helps start a PAC to fund political campaigns who will support his case to end BRT plans on Post Oak

2) He is against a 50 story tower not because he lives next door but because he is worried about a heart attack

3) He is worried about congestion blocking ambulances but is against transit options

This guy is a grade-A tool. Seriously, if you are worried about an ambulance's response time then you should live at The Spires, not over on Post Oak.

• Like 7

http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/blog/breaking-ground/2014/05/new-pac-opposes-transit-plan-on-post-oak-boulevard.html?page=all

The catalyst for the creation of the PAC occurred when news surfaced that Houston-based AmREIT is proposing to construct a 50-story tower 2 feet from the property line of the Cosmopolitan high-rise at 1600 Post Oak Blvd.,...

:ph34r:

Edited by swtsig
  • Like 4

I love how he opposes BRT, yet at the same time is asking for traffic studies to be made.....he is literally destroying his own argument. I would like to hear his solution to traffic problems. If he has a better idea then BRT or rail then he should present an alternative. Just because you don't like it or understand it doesn't mean you should oppose it. If he has an amazing solution to the problem then awesome! lets use it, but I hate opposition just for the sake of opposing change. Clearly what's there now isn't working meaning that change has to come and to stop it is simply saying that you do not care about finding a solution.

• Like 1