Most Likely to be Demolished for Development

lockmat

What apartments, shopping centers or office buildings do you think are most likely to be demo'd for redevelopment?

One that I think will make a huge impact and one that I'm looking forward to redevelopment is the Post Oak Center at the corner of Westheimer and Post Oak. When done, it will be humongous and the poshest in the city.

Actually, three of the four corners of that intersection could be redeveloped to make it the undeniable place to be in Houston. Imagine 3 BLVD Places there.

Realistically, those corners probably won't see action for 10-20 years.

Maybe a more realistic place is are the buildings between Mid Lane and W Lane Drive.

Do y'all have any predictions?

What apartments, shopping centers or office buildings do you think are most likely to be demo'd for redevelopment?

One that I think will make a huge impact and one that I'm looking forward to redevelopment is the Post Oak Center at the corner of Westheimer and Post Oak. When done, it will be humongous and the poshest in the city.

Actually, three of the four corners of that intersection could be redeveloped to make it the undeniable place to be in Houston. Imagine 3 BLVD Places there.

Maybe a more realistic place is are the buildings between Mid Lane and W Lane Drive.

I wouldn't doubt it if the 3 Story green-roofed building on the western side of the intersection gets dozed eventually as well. Dream's Car Wash on San Felipe will probably see development. Maybe even the old Standford Financial Building. 

what is the third corner of Westheimer and Post Oak that could be redeveloped? theGalleria and Dillards occupy the bottom two corners, but i completely agree Post Oak Centre and The Centre at Post Oak right across Post Oak would both make excellent redevelopment locations, and have wondered how long until that happens. also the shopping center across from BLVD Place could be redeveloped into mixed use.

while were in the uptown area, how about Berachah Church? that place is aching to be redeveloped into Galleria V when the time comes..

or the WindsorPlaza Shopping Center on Richmond between Sage and Post Oak.

agreed the buildings west of Mid Lane will be ripe for redevelopment once all the other developments in the area get built out.

maybe the Target north of ROD could be rebuilt into a more urban format with a garage and a smaller footprint so half of that property could be redeveloped.

or we talked the other day when discussing the Kirby Collection.. what about Kirby Richmond Plaza, or the stores across Kirby from that/just south of Kirby Collection.

the big shopping center on the southeast corner of Westheimer and Shepherd.

This is probably a pretty obvious answer but northwest mall needs to be demolish and redevelop badly. It such a prime location it sad nothing has happen yet. Hopefully when they finish the 290 freeway project we will get a announcement of something new in that prime piece ofl land.

This is probably a pretty obvious answer but northwest mall needs to be demolish and redevelop badly. It such a prime location it sad nothing has happen yet. Hopefully when they finish the 290 freeway project we will get a announcement of something new in that prime piece ofl land.

If cards are played right, it might become a "transit-oriented mall", like Mondawmin Mall in Baltimore. The Macy's probably won't be reopened, especially with the corner cut of the ROW cutting so class in like that. It will never be a regional shopping mall again, that's for sure.

I feel like that mall is just on the outside of a "good area." Just north of there is not that great.

It's amazing how the neighborhoods change so quickly immediately north.

Northwest mall is probably one of only 2 malls I've never been to (that and Northline). It's a huge piece of land, and I'm curious what will develop in the coming decade.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived