Pinnacle West: Energy Corridor

Urbannizer

There is...

It will be interesting to get some height on that side of the freeway. I wonder what regular non-architecture geeks like us think when coming in from San Antonio for the first time.

-See BP: "OH hey! We must be close to Downtown!!"

I still think they should add a "Welcome to Houston- Energy Capital of the World" sign or something like that on the Highway 6 bridge/overpass for those heading into town

Absolutely! And now that you put it out in the Universe, I am sure it's only a matter of time before we get that welcome sign. In addition, I would love to see it also around Memorial City (outbound) and on the Sam Houston Tollway around Westheimer. I would like to see it as a circle/loop, over the freeways, ie., think Post Oak street signs.

Once again, Elseed, development follows demand. Demand for residential development seems to lead in the inner loop. On the other hand, commercial demand seems to be focused on the EC, SL and the Woodlands. Deal with it. As everyone knows, I am proud of HTown for many reasons; one being that when those who don't KNOW Houston arrive via i45 or I10 or I59 from the south will probably scratch their heads wondering how many DTs does this city actually have?! I love it. And honestly, I believe HTown is becoming more realistic and relevant when it comes to creating several CBDs, because when a city becomes two to three hours wide (which I believe it will be by 2030) having just one CBD isn't practical.

you might as well say you hate jobs and economic prosperity.

hard to imagine we don't have an ignore function on this board.

Awwwww looks like someones panties are in a bunch!! That's a  pretty dumb generalization...OK so then if you like the Energy Corridor then you must love Houstons sprawl the traffic it creates and you must hate urban density ....sound pretty stupid right?....yeah that's how you sound like cupcake....Oh yeah.....I HATE THE ENERGY CORRIDOR

Once again, Elseed, development follows demand. Demand for residential development seems to lead in the inner loop. On the other hand, commercial demand seems to be focused on the EC, SL and the Woodlands. Deal with it. As everyone knows, I am proud of HTown for many reasons; one being that when those who don't KNOW Houston arrive via i45 or I10 or I59 from the south will probably scratch their heads wondering how many DTs does this city actually have?! I love it. And honestly, I believe HTown is becoming more realistic and relevant when it comes to creating several CBDs, because when a city becomes two to three hours wide (which I believe it will be by 2030) having just one CBD isn't practical.

And once again Marcus Allen, I understand development follows demand....There is both commercial and residential development happening in the Loop deal with it .....but I think most people would like all the buildings to be centralized....although I know its probably not gonna happen it doesn't mean I'm gonna change my opinion...so deal with it  Marcus Allen

• 7 months later...

http://www.bisnow.com/archives/newsletter/commercial-real-estate/houston/3302-up-close-with-rob-bridges/

Now the firm's kicking off Pinnacle West, 19 acres that'll be developed across four phases. The team could build up to 1.5M SF, all size tenants, probably a couple ofmid-rise office projects highly amenitized with fitness, food and conference facilities. He's envisioning pre-leasing one building before breaking ground, but then starting two simultaneously.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Someone pulled the plug on the Energy Corridor. 

10 of the 16 largest sublease spaces are out West and the overall suburban direct vacancy rate is now over 21%. Rents are also down. 

You'd be an absolute moron to build in this market. You'd be a bigger moron to lend. 

1 hour ago, KinkaidAlum said:

Someone pulled the plug on the Energy Corridor. 

10 of the 16 largest sublease spaces are out West and the overall suburban direct vacancy rate is now over 21%. Rents are also down. 

You'd be an absolute moron to build in this market. You'd be a bigger moron to lend. 

Yea, no way this is going forward anytime soon. We aren't even close to a healthy market for office right now. In fact, we will most likely see quite a sizable amount of defaults in the office market this year and the next couple of years:

(This is for Houston alone)

image.png

• The title was changed to Pinnacle West: Energy Corridor

Archived