Boy, do I not want to drive a car into that!

Then I would recommend NOT moving to the SkyHouse River Oaks.

Seriously, Westcreek Lane is a TWO LANE ROAD, that terminates on both ends WITHOUT streetlights.

It was *barely* tolerable with ~1000 apartments and $1/SF rents. I did a lot of work from home. If I got hungry at 5 PM and didn't have any food in the place, I weighed "starving" and "eating sawdust/unidentifiable crap off the floor" quite heavily when compared to the prospect of attempting to drive to anywhere.

This meant I did a lot of grocery shopping at 10 PM, which I actually preferred. But I didn't like having the option of 5 PM virtually made impossible.

Why would people that live in Skyhouse get on 610? I drive around this area all the time and live nearby and I never get on 610. That's for people that live in the sticks and have to drive on highways to work.

Yes, if you live there you don't need to get on 610, just enjoy its beautiful scenery from your balcony.

Yes, if you live there you don't need to get on 610, just enjoy its beautiful scenery from your balcony.

You've obviously never seen SkyHouse Austin or SkyHouse Dallas.. Both overlook major highways. The one in Dallas literally backs up to the feeder road...

Skyhouse_650x755.jpg

For the record, I think it's kind of weird they are developing all these high end residential developments at Westcreek/along 610. Clearly it's a fantastic location for development. But I would imagine 610 will deter a few buyers/renters from moving to Westcreek.

Edited by cloud713

You've obviously never seen SkyHouse Austin or SkyHouse Dallas.. Both overlook major highways. The one in Dallas literally backs up to the feeder road...

Skyhouse_650x755.jpg

For the record, I think it's kind of weird they are developing all these high end residential developments at Westcreek/along 610. Clearly it's a fantastic location for development. But I would imagine 610 will deter a few buyers/renters from moving to Westcreek.

Yeah the fantastic/priceless views of Uptown, Downtown, and the TMC will surely be overshadowed by 610 :P Edited by Montrose1100

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

The Dallas one does. I haven't seen any other ones in person, but I'm assuming the downtown Houston one doesn't have it because of that stupid signage rule. Though Embassy Suites has finally put up signage and Hilton Americans has always had it so maybe that's changed, or doesn't apply to hotels.

• Like 2