I assumed there would be a hotel, but I would have thought it would be a high rise, and on one of the two north lots. I guess they're trying to feed off ROD

I'm sure that's not the actual shape for the hotel and thhey have the proposed office (Westcreek Centre) as a low-rise building.

• Like 1

Is this even Houston? It's becoming more amazing!!

People don't realize just how urban Houston really is. The area that shocks me everytime is seeing just how urban the Museum District is when driving down the Spur 527 or Highway 59.

I heard so many comments about the skyhouse look is ugly that I was expecting such a beast. The finish product (almost) is much better than I expected.

I don't care how bland they say it is I would rather three more skyhouses downtown, over those three short complexes on the development map (Alliance, the one south east of Camden, and the one across Texas from Marquette)

Edited by HoustonIsHome

I can't get over all the cranes in Houston. It truly is an incredible time to be a Houstonian. I can't wait for the convention center Marriot crane, and the famed Ashby crane to be installed!

same here! very exciting times.. and i would imagine the Marriott Marquis will have at least 2 cranes.

How many cranes are there around Houston total?  No one seems to know.

SkylineView posted this.. not Timoric. and its not counting anything in downtown, the west side of town, or the north side.

I can spot a ton from my balcony....

BHP - 2

BLVD Place - 1

Astoria - 1

40 story on Wesleyan - 2

W. Alabama @ Wesleyan - 2

MidLn - 1

Buffalo Speedway @ Richmond - 1

Levy Park - 1

Sovereign - 1

Westheimer @ Shepherd - 1

Memorial by Rice Military - 1

Something out by the stadium... - 1

Somewhere north of Hobby airport (maybe AT hobby airport...?) - 2

so thats 18. there are 20something in the greater Energy Corridor according to someones count somewhere in here (not sure if they were counting the 9 cranes along Beltway between Westpark and i10 or not), and then there were up to 16 at the Exxon site, a few at SWN, and a number of cranes at Hughes Landing and Research Park, so 20-30 on the north side. then the cranes in downtown.

were looking at at least 75 cranes in the city.

Isnt there like 20 at Exxon alone?

there were 16 there at one time.

Edited by cloud713

• 2 weeks later...