Camden Conte: Multifamily At 1515 Austin St.

Urbannizer

• 4 weeks later...

From the latest development map:

Planned Residential
8-story, 518-unit residential buildings. Developer: Camden Property Trust.
Phase 1 est. construction start 1Q 2015 and est. completion 1Q 2017.
Phase 2 est. construction start in 1Q 2017 and est. completion 2Q 2019.
Edited by DrLan34

From the latest development map:

Planned Residential
8-story, 518-unit residential buildings. Developer: Camden Property Trust.
Phase 1 est. construction start 1Q 2015 and est. completion 1Q 2017.
Phase 2 est. construction start in 1Q 2017 and est. completion 2Q 2019.

is that not whats been on the development map for ages?

wait.. is a new development map out? or did you get that info from the old development map from last month?

Edited by cloud713

• 4 weeks later...

marquette-ballpark-night*900xx3275-2183-

I don't know folks judge for yourself! I mean this is dipping into the uncanny valley... They straight up took this design and retooled it. I'm not going to judge right at this moment, but this may end very badly. They didn't even try to make it look different.

Edited by Luminare
  • Like 1

The three renderings of the high-rise with the white and black facade on the right, could it be our first look at the Marlowe condo project by Randall Davis?

i hope not.. i would be completely SHOCKED as per such a plain jane building stemming from such an adventurous type such a randall davis!  surely randall (for whom is now famous as per his ultra thirst for adventure) wouldn't dare to venture into downtown houston with such a barron condominium building (completely devoid of personality).  has randall somehow undergone a complete mental metamorphosis...  no way!

Edited by monarch

I don't know folks judge for yourself! I mean this is dipping into the uncanny valley... They straight up took this design and retooled it. I'm not going to judge right at this moment, but this may end very badly. They didn't even try to make it look different.

That may not be such a bad thing.. It may give the area a uniform look

you are hereby absolutely correct!  for this is what i was thinking of when i made my aforementioned posting... this is really strange...

No @bobruss 30 is Camden.

@Avossos But Catalyst is a Ziegler Cooper project, not a Camden one. Sky House for instance has been repeated a bunch of times (which is silly) but they are the ones with the development so they can repeat it if they want. What Camden is doing is essentially copying Ziegler Cooper and adjusting a few elements. Architecturally, it looks good. The floor plans look great. I see lots of retail etc, but the fact of the matter is that of ALL the possible designs you could think up it happens to look eerily similar to one that is literally a few blocks away. That's insane!

Edited by Luminare

I took that picture at the meeting today..... In the picture above, the rendering in the center is of the Camden Toyota Center project. (Camden Toyota Center was on the poster of the rendering.) I should have taken a better shot, but I cannot confirm that the Randall Davis is the rendering at the right of the picture. I do know that the Randall Davis project was said to have 20 stories, and would have 100 units.

I took that picture at the meeting today..... In the picture above, the rendering in the center is of the Camden Toyota Center project. (Camden Toyota Center was on the poster of the rendering.) I should have taken a better shot, but I cannot confirm that the Randall Davis is the rendering at the right of the picture. I do know that the Randall Davis project was said to have 20 stories, and would have 100 units.

Didn't you say 4199 of the units had been approved? So that means another 801 units to be meet...good chance we could get another 2 or 3 residential before the cap then?

Thought I read they are consider another tax incentives for the warehouse district completely separate from this one

Yes, it was said that there have been 4199 units approved through the Downtown Living Initiative so far. Here is the note about the length of the incentives from the Downtown Houston Management District website: "The financial incentive will be paid for the first 5,000 residential units under contract to participate in this Program or for a four year period from July 2012 through June 30, 2016."

http://www.downtownhouston.org/site_media/uploads/attachments/2014-05-06/140506_Combined_Toolkit_Program_Description__Eligibility_1.pdf

So this is the block facing Root Square right across from Toyota Center then.  I hadn't picked up on a Camden project there.