Camden Conte: Multifamily At 1515 Austin St.

Urbannizer

The way I read the rule, it doesn't necessarily say that if a project is cancelled the incentives can't be reassigned (at least from what I read on a memo posted on another thread).

The memo said that once the incentive program is closed - either because the cap is reached or the timeframe expires in 2016 - then the incentives can't be reassigned to other projects. Theoretically, I understand, if a project is cancelled now, the incentives are up for grabs. The real issue is that a project rarely ever gets cancelled, rather it is delayed indefinitely.

Oh, I get it. If I don't like your opinion I'm in the wrong place. Sorry to interrupt YOUR board. It's not YOUR board, and  it's not YOUR property. 

Oh, I get it. If i mock your opinion and turn it into something completely different than your intended use, then I'm in the wrong place. I apologize for putting words in your mouth and interrupting the board. There was absolutely no need for that.

FIFY.

Okay...sorry for interrupting the board myself, but I just felt like that needed to be said. 

Edited by por favor gracias
  • Like 4

On your what list? I'm sure they find that most disconcerting and will immediately reverse course, track you down, and solicit your opinion as to what they should do with THEIR PROPERTY. 

No, I think Campo has hired a hit man and intends to bury all critics six feet under the parking lot. :ph34r:

Just because he's the developer doesn't mean he isn't a blooming idiot.

No, I think Campo has hired a hit man and intends to bury all critics six feet under the parking lot. :ph34r:

Just because he's the developer doesn't mean he isn't a blooming idiot.

It doesn't make any difference whether the developer is a "blooming idiot" or a genius. IT's his property, not yours.

Let's say you buy a lot with the intention of building a home in the next several years. Somebody drives by your lot, notices that it is not landscaped and manicured like the many homes surrounding it. He searches the tax records, finds you are the owner and then publishes on the internet that you are on his _ _ _ _ list because you have not built a home. I'm sure that would be totally OK with you. If it were me I would blast back, "It's none of your fricking business what I do with my land. If you want it to look a certain way there is a solution - BUY IT!"

It doesn't make any difference whether the developer is a "blooming idiot" or a genius. IT's his property, not yours.

Let's say you buy a lot with the intention of building a home in the next several years. Somebody drives by your lot, notices that it is not landscaped and manicured like the many homes surrounding it. He searches the tax records, finds you are the owner and then publishes on the internet that you are on his _ _ _ _ list because you have not built a home. I'm sure that would be totally OK with you. If it were me I would blast back, "It's none of your fricking business what I do with my land. If you want it to look a certain way there is a solution - BUY IT!"

Get real.

If you bought a lot in any area that is desirable and has homeowners who care about their own properties and then you let your lot fall into disrepair you better bet you'll get blasted for it. If there's an HOA, get ready to be sued. 

We do not live in a libertarian utopia. We live with neighbors. Just because you CAN do something doesn't mean you SHOULD.

• Like 3

What you describe sounds like the typical HOA. . . 

Arbpro seems to place property rights quite high on the list of all rights enjoyed by those who live in the US.

I would be curious though. Arbpro, are you a single family home owner? Would it be ok with you if your neighbor on the left and on the right bulldozed their homes and put up a parking dirt/gravel parking lot for the patrons of the local bar (3 blocks away) to use? If it was a perfectly legal use for your neighbors to do that in that location, you wouldn't have a problem with it, right? after all, it is their land, right?

• Like 4

Arbpro seems to place property rights quite high on the list of all rights enjoyed by those who live in the US.

I would be curious though. Arbpro, are you a single family home owner? Would it be ok with you if your neighbor on the left and on the right bulldozed their homes and put up a parking dirt/gravel parking lot for the patrons of the local bar (3 blocks away) to use? If it was a perfectly legal use for your neighbors to do that in that location, you wouldn't have a problem with it, right? after all, it is their land, right?

Thanks for this. Made me smile.

^ Didn't know Ric Campo had a HAIF account. :rolleyes:
  • Like 4

Wow what are you talking about? I live next to a vacant lot and the city even put up a yellow sign (edit: indicating they had one month to clean the property back in October) on the property because it was overgrown and the owner never takes care of it. They've been receiving fines every month now but they still don't seem to care... they are just letting the lot sit there while the rest of the neighborhood absolutely hates it and my neighborhood doesn't even have a home owners association.

Edited by Triton
  • Like 1

Camden downtown

Location: Two downtown blocks bounded by LaBranch, Austin, Bell and Pease

Developer: Camden

Original plan: In May, Camden said it was planning a two-phased complex on 3 acres of downtown land.

Update: Campo said the company is still designing the project and is not yet prepared to start it. "We'll see how the markets unfold and what happens to construction and rents," he said.

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/real-estate/article/Cracks-forming-in-commercial-real-estate-market-6037038.php#/0

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I just looked closer at the renderings. It seems that entrance to the resident garage is on LaBranch. If this rendering ever gets built, I hope that Camden switches the entrance to one of the other sides as traffic on game nights can be pretty bad on LaBranch, especially right in front of the TC parking garage.