1885 Saint James: Office Tower At 1885 Saint James Pl.

swtsig

looks like this one flew under the radar:

http://blog.chron.com/primeproperty/2013/12/office-building-to-replace-galleria-area-wedding-venue/?cmpid=hpts

The 135,000-square-foot building will be developed at 1885 St. James Place, where the Courtyard on St. James Place now stands. The special events venue has for years hosted weddings, banquets and business functions.

the new building is expected to open in early 2015.

trying to hit the same niche market Hines' is having so much success with at their new San Felipe building across from River Oaks. i think it's a good call - simialr buildings in the area aimed at the ultra-high end clientele such as redstones Houstonian building and Park Laureate remain consistently well-leased with relatively high rates.

• Like 3

I will have a pretty good view of this from my office.  Right behind the new apartment complex Yorktown too.

This plus BLVD Place + Galleria Redo + New Hotels and Apartments on Westheimer.  Galleria is seeing a move towards serious density.

Edited by DrLan34

• 3 weeks later...

From bisnow... 

Nelson Murphree Legacy Partners is gearing up redevelopment of 1885 St. James Place into a 135k SF, LEED certified Class-A office tower. Groundbreaking is slated for Q1 with completion in early 2015. JLL's Chrissy Wilson and Chris Dekker are leasing the asset; Chrissy expects it'll be substantially committed before delivery. Jackson & Ryan is project architect and Tellepsen is GC.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...