Parkside Residences: 43-Story Residential High-Rise At 808 Crawford St.

largeTEXAS

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Awesome news! I didn't have high hopes for this but another 30+ story RESIDENTIAL tower for downtown is just amazing. Great to see this moving forward. I know I've said it before(as had several others) but this is really a superb time to be in Houston! :]

Edited by ClutchCity
  • Like 1

That development map is just getting crazy. Would be cool if we had a development map from 2012 to compare just how many projects are now under construction, planned or proposed.

I did not find a 2012 Development Map, so I just pulled up a map from around the same time last year. Ignore the green, it means completed.

Feb. 2013

Under Construction - 3

Planned - 10

Potential - 5

12784857953_a186d40b21_b.jpg

Feb. 2014

Under Construction - 13

Planned - 17

Potential - 4

12784859393_22ec96bbee_b.jpg

• Like 3

38-floors, 299 residential units! Trammell Crow is the Developer. (#33 on the map)

http://www.downtownhouston.org/site_media/uploads/attachments/2014-02-25/140126_Current_Projects_11x17.pdf

Is the map a little off, because it looks like this development is butt up against the Marquis on the map. Other places on the map indicate a separation of road between developments, except here.

• Like 1

Dead serious how many residents would DT need to shift the attitude change and make DT CBD he new hot spot. I'm not really interested in debating suburbs v DT but I feel DT has so much pos momentum regarding living and social aspects but the lechuguga seems to be heading north and west. There will always be law firms and smaller O&G I guess I am asking does 10k residents help DT office landscape or is it just another albeit new neighborhood to live - again this is far from bashing DT- look at my post history I'm thinking big pic

Cheers

Lorenz

• Like 1

Would that make if the tallest residential building in Houston?

probably not.. its on 12 stories of parking garage. plus, 2929 Weslayan is 40 stories. and that 40 story Market Square residential should hopefully be in the pipeline soon (though also on a garage)..

id be interested in a list of all the residential highrises going up or proposed for Houston.

42 story Hermann Place

40 story 2929 Weslayan

40 story Block 35)/Market Square block

38 story Block 98

38 story Texaco redevelopment

36 story Gables Post Oak

33 story Hines Market Square

30 story Hanover Montrose

30 story Uptown Park

29 story Hanover Post Oak

28 story Marquette 1400 Texas

28 story Astoria

26 story Belfiore

25 story The Southmore

25 story SkyHouse River oaks

24 story SkyHouse downtown

21 story The Sovereign

20 story Chelsea Montrose

20 story The Woodlands condo tower

18 story Azalea Court/Mid Lane Phase III

17 story Azalea Court/Mid Lane Phase II

17 story Bunker Hill mixed use development

15 story Azalea Court/Mid Lane Phase III

13 story The Kirby Collection

12 story Camden highrise Phase I

12 story Camden highrise Phase II

10 story Allied Orion Group

(sorry to get off topic.. did i miss any? thats quite an impressive list of residential highrises)

• Like 2

probably not.. its on 12 stories of parking garage. plus, 2929 Weslayan is 40 stories. and that 40 story Market Square residential should hopefully be in the pipeline soon (though also on a garage)..

id be interested in a list of all the residential highrises going up or proposed for Houston.

42 story Hermann Place

40 story 2929 Weslayan

38 story Block 98

36 story Gables Post Oak

30 story Uptown Park

28 story Astoria

26 story Belfiore

25 story The Southmore

21 story The Sovereign

(sorry to get off topic.. did i miss any? thats quite an impressive list of residential highrises)

Theres another 41 story tower listed on the clark construction site. Other than that I think your good. :D

Edited by TowerSpotter
  • Like 1

42 story Hermann Place

40 story 2929 Weslayan

38 story Block 98

36 story Gables Post Oak

30 story Uptown Park

28 story Astoria

26 story Belfiore

25 story The Southmore

21 story The Sovereign

A lot of buildings planned.  It would be nice to see some above 40 floors, but I'll take it.  

Such a long but narrow lot but that's what makes it interesting at 38 stories :)  great before shot.

Thanks. It's awesome going to see how much this area changes.... especially where it's come from

houston.jpg

• Like 7

Thanks. It's awesome going to see how much this area changes.... especially where it's come from

houston.jpg

Keep in mind this picture was taken right after the great car blizzard of 1982, when downtown was just blanketed in cars, a disaster from which we are still recovering.

Also interesting in this picture - the Medical Arts building is still standing (where 6 HC is going to be), Union Station could still receive trains, and the Annunciation Catholic Church school had not yet received its extreme 80's makeover.

• Like 3

Keep in mind this picture was taken right after the great car blizzard of 1982, when downtown was just blanketed in cars, a disaster from which we are still recovering.

Also interesting in this picture - the Medical Arts building is still standing (where 6 HC is going to be), Union Station could still receive trains, and the Annunciation Catholic Church school had not yet received its extreme 80's makeover.

I would assume closer to 1978.

I think it may even be a couple years before that.  While One and Two Houston are there, it doesn't look like South Texas College of Law had yet done its expansion to the full north half of the block that it now completely covers.   

• Like 1