Hotel ZaZa & The McCarthy Apartments Memorial City

Urbannizer

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Listed as "on the boards". Anyone have more info? Really nice for the area.

• 12-story apartment high rise
  • 348 units
  • 64,500 square foot of amenities
  • 26,000 square foot retail space
  • 44,000 square foot Whole Foods​​

Bunker-Hill-4.jpg

http://www.humphreys.com/portfolio/on-the-boards-5/

Edit: Metronational is the developer.

in this photo i count at least 17 stories...

Well the building would certainly have to be smaller to fit midtown's smaller lots. 

This is definitely the *type* of building that should be built in midtown though. 

*actually, with the way it's elevated over its own parking lot, it could even span two blocks without closing the street, Wortham style.

• 1 month later...

i count 5 stories that would be the Hotel ZaZa, but yes, just the lower horizontal part thats above the 2 stories of retail. the high rise is a residential tower, and i still dont see where they are coming up with "12 floors" for the high rise, unless the top floors are penthouses with two floors.. i count 17-18 floors/balconies (kind of hard to tell if the top row is an 18th floor or just an overhang/roof for the balcony on floor 17 below) from the ground to the top floor.. whose math is wrong?

"The Houston-based real estate investment, development and management company said Friday that it has entered into negotiations with Z Resorts to build a Hotel ZaZa at Memorial City.

Dallas-based Z Resorts LLC will operate and manage the luxury boutique hotel. Z Resorts also has Hotel ZaZa locations in Houston’s Museum District and Dallas.

An unnamed source recently told CultureMap that MetroNational was planning a new mixed-use center anchored by a Hotel ZaZa and a Whole Foods at the southwest corner of Interstate 10 and Bunker Hill Road.

Public documents show MetroNational recently filed a construction permit with the city of Houston valued at $1.8 million. The permit is for 963 Bunker Hill Road, which is at the southwest corner of I-10 and Bunker Hill. It’s also directly across I-10 from an H-E-B and a block east of Memorial City Mall.

MetroNational's Friday news alert did not specify where the Hotel ZaZa at Memorial City might be built, and a spokesperson for the company was not immediately available."

http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2014/01/17/metronational-to-bring-another-hotel.html

Archived